Contributor

So bored with QVC and boring, repetitive selections........

HOW MANY TIMES do we need to see Halo battery/chargers????!!!!!!  I see the paper shredder is on AGAIN.  Soooooo disappointed with these boring, repetitive products.  The same for HSN-- turn on the channel occasionally and see the SAME product over and over -- sometimes the same product is on BOTH channels at the same time.  I'm talking to you HP Laptops!  

The Q really needs to make some changes if they hope to retain their vieiwng audience.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: So bored with QVC and boring, repetitive selections........

I agree with you. I simply won't watch the "whatever you call it" gift guide shows. I quit watching in November/December several years ago because there isn't anything that IMO is worth my time.

Trusted Contributor

I just looked at the home page, to see what items have been shown in the most recent show.  Nothing shown interests me.  Years ago, "the good stuff" was offered through December 21.   Now, it looks as if the good stuff is long gone.  It's a shame.  

Respected Contributor

I don't have a problem with the shopping channels showing their key products, or how many times they present them.  Every retailer is known for certain items and I shop with the ones who carry what I want to buy.  I even shop with QVC every now and then, if they are the best deal.  It's all good!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate it too.  I can just imagine how this must have gone down.  A big company-wide meeting after the newly hired person-in-charge came on board with her grand ideas. 

"Listen up, folks.  Things are about to change around here.  Like it or not, we are going to drive home the point that people NEED these very few, hand-selected-for-overkill-by-me products.  Work hard.  Sell, sell, sell!  The presentations will be repeated over and over.  It is our goal to catch EVERY American who happens to be channel surfing.  If we repeat the presentations enough, that's bound to happen.  It's all about dollars, people.  Suck it up and deal with it.  I know what I'm doing here.  Just wait and see."  

Smiley Happy  Yep.  I waited.  I saw.  I left.

Respected Contributor

I agree the "gifts" are so boring.  Also I find it disappointing that every day until the end of the year will be all about Christmas gifts. As if nobody has anything else on their mind.  A little obsessive IMO.  I don't even care about Christmas and plenty of other folks don't either.  I can see it being sometimes (or a lot) about gifts but all day and night on 5 channels is too much.  

Respected Contributor

I quit watching regularly a few years ago.  Sometimes I'll tune in for a couple minutes if there is something that interests me, but I never watch an entire show like I once did.  

Trusted Contributor

Oh, but I do so look forward to seeing those kitchen scissors with the gift boxes each and every year...it just wouldn't be QVC without those dang things!!!!

Trusted Contributor

A QVC Tradition!!!😉
Esteemed Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

Oh, but I do so look forward to seeing those kitchen scissors with the gift boxes each and every year...it just wouldn't be QVC without those dang things!!!!

@lOVETOSHOP   Don't forget the tumblers.   I could not watch that day at all.  MC really constantly sipping out of the cups ws a bit nauseating.   fa la la la