Contributor

That host are so loud, especially Jane tonight! Constantly turning volume down then up. All this fake juvenile sounding excitement.  Just makes me turn it off. 

Respected Contributor

#1 reason I rarely watch anymore. 

Esteemed Contributor

@courttalk wrote:

That host are so loud, especially Jane tonight! Constantly turning volume down then up. All this fake juvenile sounding excitement.  Just makes me turn it off. 

JT has always drove me nuts.  Too Hyper.   

Super Contributor
I used to enjoy watching but now I just check online to see what was offered. Can’t watch all the phoniness, the over the top look at me I’m the host and the ridiculous verbiage they use to sell. I’m done.
Honored Contributor

Re: So annoying

[ Edited ]

Jane was on entirely too long tonight.  I had to turn it off her first hour.  Checked in much later and she was still going strong.  Before that, Sandra's mouth was going like a motorboat.  It's all more than a person can tolerate.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Jane must fall into bed.  I don't know how she keeps it up like she does.

Respected Contributor

Re: So annoying

[ Edited ]

I blame management. They are the ones who tell the sales people what they want, which, to your point, must be, “Faster! Louder! Sell, sell, sell!” So-called “hosts” are being reduced to carnival barkers. Another reason I stopped watching. I don’t want or need to be “sold” anything, and such an approach sends me in the opposite direction.

Honored Contributor

I like to see the different personalities and that they seem to enjoy their jobs.  How boring it used to be when hosts were all cookie cutter and barely even smiled much!  I don't watch that much now since you don't have to order while the product is presented like when QVC was first on.  It is a fact that the older some get the more annoyed many become at things that would not have bothered them when younger.  I suspect that even if hosts became subdued and followed everyone's (which would be impossible) wishes that the same ones would complain about something else!

Honored Contributor

@Pook.   Do you really think they're happy to be under such extreme pressure to sell, sell, sell?  Having to be upbeat, bouncy, vivacious, and cute every minute on air would be a strain for anybody.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pook.   Do you really think they're happy to be under such extreme pressure to sell, sell, sell?  Having to be upbeat, bouncy, vivacious, and cute every minute on air would be a strain for anybody.

I know I would be happier if I were allowed to be upbeat and have some fun with presenting the same products over and over again.  It would get very boring having to be subdued during presentations.    Also, not one of us knows what kind of pressure, if any, they are under.  There would be little pressure for the person with the outgoing fun personality that is enthusiastic normally in life.  Their job is to sell and enthusiam for products that they present is a must and if they do not have the personality to do that then the job is obviously not for them.  I know many who love their sales jobs and also many who would not be happy or able to have to be so outgoing and full of enthusiam to get sales.

There are at least 2 sides to every issue. We all have different personalities and there is no right or wrong opinion for many topics.  It's good that everyone has a choice to not watch what they find annoying as many others like the enthusiam or they just don't watch to find things to complain about (which some seem to as they are annoyed with so many things according to their posts).  It would be impossible to please everyone.