Frequent Contributor

1.  Clothing designers/reps overselling their items.  I appreciate the company representatives and designers who simply describe their items and then let the clothes sell themselves.  Linda Davies from Liz Claiborne is a great example.  She knows how to spotlight each item creatively without using the same word over and over.   I am tired of hearing how "obsessed" some designers are with EVERY item in their line, how "chic" EVERY item is in their line or how much they "love" or "adore" EVERY item in their line.  When a person repeatedly uses the same word, that word loses its impact and meaning.  QVC hosts (some) need to learn this lesson as well.  When you describe EVERY item as "chic" that term becomes meaningless.  

2.  Styling the models in ways I would never dress.  I would never wear wear a belt high up o my waist, directly under my breasts.  How can anyone think that is comfortable?  If that is the only location the belt will fit, maybe the belt is not a good idea with that outfit.

3. Please stop telling me that clothing items don't "cling" and that my muffin top will be camouflaged when it really won't.  am an average sized woman and I can say from experience that Peach skin, rayon-span, cotton Lycra and Liquid Knit all cling when wearing a top that is designed to be fitted.  I would LOVE for the designers to tell me how to make those items work for my body, the designs are great but I'd appreciate help with making those items work on an average body type.  

I enjoy many things about QVC.  There are many great hosts and great company representatives.  It just seems as though the above mentioned items are occurring more frequently.  We all value our free time and we want to spend it effectively which is why I get a little frustrated when I have time to watch QVC and I spend most of the time experiencing the things I have outlined above.  Oh, lastly...I don't need anyone to dance to get me to make a purchase.  The fact that a size 2 fit model doesn't jiggle in her spandex pants does not sell me on an item.  Don't get me wrong...those items are great. Best leggings I own, but I didn't buy them because of the dancing .  Let the clothing sell itself.  It's good stuff.

Honored Contributor

You sound like a very nice person and also very smart. I agree with you.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Valued Contributor

Just a tip on the cling part because I wear all those fabrics...it usually means you need a bigger size so the fabric will flow.  I could actually fit in clothes a size to two smaller but choose not too because it would be too clingly.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch live QVC unless there is something I need to find or want information on. So I am not all that familiar with hosts or vendors anymore.  THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE A CONDEMNATION ON ANY ONE HOST.

When I do check in it seems all I get is a SHOW, people who are less likely to feature the PRODUCT and more likely to show off themselves.  Heck, I don't even watch reality TV so I am a bit taken off guard by what I call theatrics...

1.  Will sell out in a second or two...  2.  Never ever come back    3.  Grab it while you can  4.  on and on and on and then dancing and talking over each other  5.  Joking and doing cutsy stuff.

QVC I ONLY WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE PRODUCT!

Never mind we want to see the clothes on all size models, want to know the sizes, and a hint about the fabric and what it feels like.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm tired of the one who is" obsessed" with every one of her items because they are so amazing, the fabric is amazing, the pockets are amazing, the colors are amazing, the lace trim is amazing, the fit is amazing. I'm amazed someone could be so amazed.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I forgot about the overuse of the word "amazed".  To me, something that is "amazing" is something you don't see often or something that is very special.

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I'm tired of the one who is" obsessed" with every one of her items because they are so amazing, the fabric is amazing, the pockets are amazing, the colors are amazing, the lace trim is amazing, the fit is amazing. I'm amazed someone could be so amazed.

----------------------------------

Really laughing out loud!!!  You painted a portrait of that person - perfect description!!

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

----------------------------------

Really laughing out loud!!!  You painted a portrait of that person - perfect description!!

She did indeed, so why even try to disguise who it was?  Sheesh. Smiley Sad  It's a shame one particular person was picked on.  Since it was only one...just don't watch her - nobody is forcing the OP to do so. Let the rest of us enjoy the presentations. Sheesh.

Honored Contributor

Sounds to me as if shopping TV should just disappear in favor of websites.  They don't talk to us, don't use nearly as many sales-pitch word-  and if we're irritated by the pictures, well, we can just click away and find something else.

I'm one of the few among my friends - and, I believe, the only one in my family --who buys much of anything from a shopping channel.  Some shop from the Internet, some shop brick and morrtar, and no one ever mentions how tired they are of a salesperson asking them to feel amazed.

I'm more tired of the same old complaints here than I am of the spiel on QVC.  I've managed to wean myself from watching except when I might buy.  I know what to do about it - I'm the one who needs to change.  Have fun.  I'm signing out for 4 days.

Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Sounds to me as if shopping TV should just disappear in favor of websites.  They don't talk to us, don't use nearly as many sales-pitch word-  and if we're irritated by the pictures, well, we can just click away and find something else.

I'm one of the few among my friends - and, I believe, the only one in my family --who buys much of anything from a shopping channel.  Some shop from the Internet, some shop brick and morrtar, and no one ever mentions how tired they are of a salesperson asking them to feel amazed.

I'm more tired of the same old complaints here than I am of the spiel on QVC.  I've managed to wean myself from watching except when I might buy.  I know what to do about it - I'm the one who needs to change.  Have fun.  I'm signing out for 4 days.

The fact of the matter is that as much as we complain about the live on-air presentations, it moves a lot of merchandise.  Things don't just spontaneously sell out on the shelf w/out the live on-air promotion.  think about it, the presentations work.  There are people out there who watch and then it stimulates them and they buy.