Honored Contributor

Re: So Over The Subject of Bums, Booties, Tushies & How They Look in Pants

@ajsidney12  If your tush has major issues that you are not happy with, I seriously doubt a pair of pants is going to work miracles.

You would need shapewear and even then, it can only do so much.

Honored Contributor

No one is looking at some fat flabby butt in tight spandex anyway...  why they act like someone is  such a lie.

Honored Contributor

For fear of being labeled a prude...it's just classless. There...I said it.

Valued Contributor

As much as there is a point to the necessity of comparing the difference in clothing support and nonsupport on the body, there is a professional way of showing that distinction.  I'm in the opinion that shaking and wiggling is not professional.
When demonstrating a Breezies bra, for example, we never see any shaking or wiggling. Why is it necessary, for that matter, permitted, in other clothing items?

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

@Lyttlewyngwrote:

As much as there is a point to the necessity of comparing the difference in clothing support and nonsupport on the body, there is a professional way of showing that distinction.  I'm in the opinion that shaking and wiggling is not professional.
When demonstrating a Breezies bra, for example, we never see any shaking or wiggling. Why is it necessary, for that matter, permitted, in other clothing items?

It is has never been about the shaking and wiggling that has bothered me. What I found kind of creepy was when a vendor goes over to the model and lifts her shirt and goes on from there. Leave the poor model alone. She gets paid to show the clothing, nothing more.

Honored Contributor

@Lyttlewyngwrote:

l.

Comparing selling bras to clothing that is designed to give the butt more support and a better look while allowing for no hinderance to movement doesn't  really make sense!!

Honored Contributor

I have noticed that the pants that were designed to give botty support are tight pants and leggings that when you wear them, you’re supposed to cover that area with a long top.

Why lift up the shirt to show what is supposed to be covered anyway?  

Honored Contributor

I'm ok with it.  We all have one.  As Iong as I don't have wiggle or flash my rear end on tv, I have no problems with it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LancerHawkFriar

I haven't watched it in years, but Clinton Kelly used to do that on What Not To Wear.  It was repulsive to watch.   It was reason #475,162 that I stopped watching that show.

I'm can be a prude much of time!  It's bad enough when a guy does it ... but really, really creepy when a woman does it!   And kind of crude!

Respected Contributor

You will not be bashed by me.....I find it all very tacky!