Honored Contributor

Re: So Over The Subject of Bums, Booties, Tushies & How They Look in Pants

[ Edited ]

@LancerHawkFriar

I'll meet you half way ---------

I think Renee with Women With Control goes over the top with her obsession with rear ends.....Sorry Renee Im more concerned with how it fits/looks in the front....aterall first impressions are important when you enter a room, rather than how you look leaving ............

Now a vendor does want you to see the overall fit of a garment and the models are probably aware of the fact that the vendor wants folks to see their back end, so no problem with other vendors ....But the way Renee does it ---it is more like an obsession with her and so unprofessional....she might thinks its cute with her wigglin and jigglin and dancing, but its not (and yes when I'm watching a fashion show and I see her--- I go do something else until another vendor comes on....)  Now Stan Herman was another one that sorta creeped me out with his hands all over the models........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Well I will only wear pants that my tush looks good in! Lol 😂 

Super Contributor

One evening, the WWC lady was talking to Shawn about that very subject (said it 15 times in one minute)....Shawn basically asked her to change the subject.  Good Shawn, you finally said something that made sense.

Super Contributor

J j
@BirkiLadywrote:

@LancerHawkFriar@Carmie@Pook@2blondeI'm so in agreement with you! Those vendors have no respect for anyone. They are pawing at another person's body, talking too loudy and obnouxious. I don't watch any of them who exhibit disrespectful and meme attitudes; nor will I purchase any of their products. That is supposed to sell their clothing? If they need to do that, there's a problem with the quality and style of the item!!  Mom and I both modeled for local Dept. Stores years ago; neither of us would have allowed anyone to touch or maul us. Nor would the Store Management! It simply doesn't happen in real life. This has been discussed on these Forums before; no one seems to fathom why QVC tolerates this behavior. In any other workplace (other than QVC), it would be considered harrassment and lawsuits would be filed. My heart goes out to each of those models who have to suffer through those shows. It looks humiliating; confident it FEELS worse than it looks to viewers. Those models have great "poker faces" and deserve every cent they make; in fact, they deserve combat pay when working with some of the vendors mentioned above.  

———

Totally disagree with you. Have you ever watched those backstage at New York fashion week shows?

The designers are often arranging “everything” on the models bodies, some models are saved, from, “full frontal”,by the tiniest of bikini panties.  

No no one seems the least bit embarrassed or offended.  They seem to all handle it very 

professionally!  If the models couldn’t, or didn’t want to do that, I suspect, they’d be in a different career!  

Esteemed Contributor

@SUHsE  Backstage is completely different than on live television! The professionals models have careers taking them all over the world making huge sums of money. They are also showing expensive clothing to an elite (and select) group. Most models don't have children watching the daily shows to worry about any repurcussions from thier classmates or neighbor children, etc. Totally different modeling careers and type of lifestyles chosen. 

QVC models aren't in the same category . . . not even close. I still maintain the QVC models do not need to be pawed and groped to show inexpensive clothing. No way; today's woman deserves respect from her peers and in the workforce. QVC is allowing their vendors and hosts to get away with behavior that could/would be considered harrassment in any other situation. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Frequent Contributor

It is part of buying pants online.

Respected Contributor

I suppose some of it is necessary but yes they go overboard. How long does one have to look at someone’s backside. I change the channel.