Regular Contributor

So Over The Subject of Bums, Booties, Tushies & How They Look in Pants

I know I'm going to get bashed for saying this + be told to change the channel but here it goes.....I'm so over the stchick of whoop in' it up over what everybody's rear end looks like in pants....if you are a size 2 or a 202 it is what it is!! I would be po'd if some vendor lifted up my shirt and inst

The Women in Control vendor is the worst offender with Kim Gravelle & her posse running a close second as being over the top stupid about this. Susan Graver is in the running too but she'so not as obnoxious as the other two...

It's embarrassing.

Respected Contributor

Re: So Over The Subject of Bums, Booties, Tushies & How They Look in Pants

[ Edited ]

Well, the models usually all look good in the pants (or they wouldn't be models), and they are getting paid to be "gawked at," so they probably don't mind.  It's not the same as if someone walked up to you or me and lifted our shirts!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

It's part of the job and the models know it!  The selling point is that the clothing is made specifically to make your butt look better!  I have some clothing that is not a good look for my butt and others that my butt looks really great in so I think it's a selling point for some clothing and necessary! I guess that is one reason why the OP would never get hired as a model!!  Anyone who feels that way - well it's their personal mental body issue and has no relevance to on air presentations for clothing specifically made to enhance and make body parts actually look better.  I also have to add that  if it is what it is then why bother looking for clothing that looks good on you - anything will do! 

Honored Contributor

I agree, it’s not polite and it’s crude behavior to say the least.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LancerHawkFriar@Carmie@Pook@2blondeI'm so in agreement with you! Those vendors have no respect for anyone. They are pawing at another person's body, talking too loudy and obnouxious. I don't watch any of them who exhibit disrespectful and meme attitudes; nor will I purchase any of their products. That is supposed to sell their clothing? If they need to do that, there's a problem with the quality and style of the item!!  Mom and I both modeled for local Dept. Stores years ago; neither of us would have allowed anyone to touch or maul us. Nor would the Store Management! It simply doesn't happen in real life. This has been discussed on these Forums before; no one seems to fathom why QVC tolerates this behavior. In any other workplace (other than QVC), it would be considered harrassment and lawsuits would be filed. My heart goes out to each of those models who have to suffer through those shows. It looks humiliating; confident it FEELS worse than it looks to viewers. Those models have great "poker faces" and deserve every cent they make; in fact, they deserve combat pay when working with some of the vendors mentioned above.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Oh good gracious, so overly dramatic!

Honored Contributor

@2blondewrote:

Well, the models usually all look good in the pants (or they wouldn't be models), and they are getting paid to be "gawked at," so they probably don't mind.  It's not the same as if someone walked up to you or me and lifted our shirts!

Spoiler

I dare someone to walk up to me and lift my shirt🙈

Honored Contributor

Bear dancing.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

The role of the model is to present the clothing.  If the clothing is supposed to provide support, or improve the appearance of a body part, how do you show that effect without referring specifically to that body part?  Eye make up is demonstrated that way, bath gel is shown in a glass bowl with all kinds of suds (looking at you PhilosophySmiley Wink), etc.  Vionic shoes always demostrate with either a live model or the skeletal foot of how their shoes affect the arch of your foot.  If you don't show it, how do you know it does what it says?

Esteemed Contributor

Totally agree with you, OP.....it's disgusting. I can't take it LOL.