Regular Contributor

I was so excited to get one of my orders so fast but once I opened it I was just about in tears. Smiley Sad  Baby is missing his head. Now you know surely someone had to see this when they pick it up to put it in the box. Now I am stuck with it since it will cost so much to send it back and then pay again to have it shipped back to me. Or I can find someone local to sew it back on. Poor quality control IMO. This has taught me a valuable lesson for the future.

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 2.13.17 PM.png

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Honored Contributor

Since it was defective, I think Q will pay for return shipping (and refund your original shipping).

Honored Contributor

If that is a QVC item, you will not have to pay return shipping for a defective item.  Just call C/S for instructions.

New Contributor

So sad for your little snowman. Shouldn't you be able to contact customer service and get it sent back and replaced without additional postage since it is damaged/defective. Hope they can work this out for you.

QVC Customer Care

@Ms Tink wrote:

I was so excited to get one of my orders so fast but once I opened it I was just about in tears. Smiley Sad  Baby is missing his head. Now you know surely someone had to see this when they pick it up to put it in the box. Now I am stuck with it since it will cost so much to send it back and then pay again to have it shipped back to me. Or I can find someone local to sew it back on. Poor quality control IMO. This has taught me a valuable lesson for the future.

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 2.13.17 PM.pngHi @Ms Tink - I apologize that order arrived in that condition. I have sent you an email regarding this item. Thank you for posting and shopping with us. ~Kim

Trusted Contributor

@Ms Tink.  I would call customer service or send this picture to the monitors here.   They can arrange a full refund and pay return postage.    If they don't have a replacement and you really want the item you can fix or pay some one else to repair it.  When the product arrives broken QVC has always been great at giving me a full refund and taken the product back.

Honored Contributor

How and Why did this snowman get shipped out to you????

Quality Control???

Honored Contributor

@Ms TinkI do believe as many have stated that QVC will cover the shipping costs for a replacement.

As for how this happens, I always feel the only way to avoid such a disaster to buy locally and ask to see the contents of the sealed box, assuming it's sealed.  I seriously doubt any worker in any big box warehouse checks each box. When we see pictures of the huge Amazon warehouses, someone drives a machine with a "picker" and deposits boxes onto a conveyor belt -  and I always think there's some version of that going on almost everywhere.

One sort of weird thought -  problems like this one are sort of solved by CIJ because we have lots of time for the exchange to happen.  I'll just wish you have your "family" in place for the winter holidays-  and at no extra expense to you.  Those snowmen look cute!

Honored Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks to all!! I have spoken with the Q and since it was defected there will be no additional shipping. 

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.