Frequent Contributor

Slow Returns...why is post office handing off to another company?

I returned a dress I purchased from the Q. I used their return label. I dropped it at my post office on 5-15. For several days I could not track my return. When I finally could, it was in Nevada, I live in  California, no big deal, except the return address was in California. It took 6 days to get from my address to Ontario California, a 3 hour drive. And because it was handed off from the post office to some other company QVC contracts with, it went to Nevada. If they would have let the post office deliver it, even parcel post, it shouldn't have taken 6 days. So now Q has had my return since 5-21 and I still don't have a refund. This is poor service. The only break I got, was I bought it on a free shipping day, so I don't have to eat the original shipping cost. I will think long and hard, before I order again.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Slow Returns...why is post office handing off to another company?

[ Edited ]

@A1brat - QVC contracts with Newgistics for its return process. USPS offices are simply central hubs where local Newgistics agents come to retrieve the packages and enter them into their own system for handling. If you go to this website, you can start tracking the progress of return packages within about 24-48 hours after the USPS website confirms that they have been picked up by an agent:

http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/

(Note that Newgistics often does not upload as much detail on routing as the other couriers do, and you will typically see only a little more information on its site than you will if you check your return status here on qvc.com—but at least you can be confident that your package is moving toward its destination.)

ETA: The Q is experiencing some seriously long processing times for returns; even after waiting 9-10 days, I've had to contact the fabulous QVC Social Team to get the ball rolling for every single return over the past few months. If you want to do the same, just email the team at this address: qvcsocialteam@qvc.com

Honored Contributor

I advise calling customer service.  When I had a long delay on a return at my local post office, C/S said they could tell that I returned the item using their label, so they went ahead and issued my credit.

Respected Contributor

This has been the case for a long time. I used to get really mad and paranoid my packages were lost. Then I learned how the system works and now I know it takes forever and just forget about it. Not the best system but they do it because it’s cheap. I’ve had discussions with my postal worker about, she explained the whole Newgistics situation. They hate it as well and think it’s very stupid, and they don’t like it when people take out their rage on them when it’s nit their fault.