Respected Contributor

Re: Sloooooooooow shipping, when will it get better?

I think these delivery times are based on where the item is warehoused.  I've noticed some items arrive lightening fast, while others take the slow route.  Of course, there is no way to know the speed of delivery up front, so you take a chance.  I don't have a big problem with any of this as long as I have a way to track it.  All my orders were timely in the recent past, even when I started seeing complaints here, but now this seems to have changed.  Like some of the rest of you, I am more careful with ordering so there won't be returns. 

Frequent Contributor

I wouldn’t mind the slow shipping so much if the shipping fees were reduced or eliminated.  Considering how much it costs to receive and send an item back if it doesn’t work, the excessive wait is bad customer service. I’ve cut back on my ordering due to the excessive shipping costs.  Unless the item is something I’m confident will fit, I don’t order.  The extra wait time only makes my decision to not order that much easier.

Contributor

I agree with you 100% Brandiwine. I ordered the HP laptop TSV last Sunday and this morning (Sat.) it still says "processing".  If it was Amazon I wouldn't have gotten it last Tues. Also if I return something to Amazon I only pay the return shipping not both ways. I don't know any other company that does the pay both way thing. Good for you for no longer shopping with them. They obviously don't appreciate their customers anymore. I really loved them in their early days but not much anymore. The only hosts I can stand to watch are the ones who have been there a long time Mary Beth, Jill, Pat for example. 

Trusted Contributor

Placed my order 5 days ago and it still states "in process".  Don't understand why it takes so long to get orders shipped.