Frequent Contributor

Sloooooooooow shipping, when will it get better?

I've seen many complaints about slow shipping on this board, and here I am with another. Right now I have three items that have been stuck at a distribution center in IL for five days (!) without moving, and it's been nearly 10 days since I ordered them. What the heck is taking so long? I live in Arizona, not Katmandu!

With so many customer complaints about shipping, why does QVC do nothing about them? Seems like a bad business model to me, when just about every other retailer offers a much quicker delivery window. What will it take to get some action?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sloooooooooow shipping, when will it get better?

I also live in Arizona......and I could not agree MORE!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@glamwitch  @ruthbe   That distribution center in Hodgkins, Il. Is a UPS facility and has nothing to do with QVC.  My packages typically spend a day there then 2 days on the road until they get to the distribution center near me. Then a couple more days for UPS and USPS to get themselves coordinated.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I to live in Arizona.....I also agree delivery is slow....returns seem to take long as well..when i pay to return post office shows item has been delivered ...but seems to take long for Q to acknowledge and issue credit ....and Many times i have to contact them because they charge me $6.95 for return....

Trusted Contributor

when you return an item and use the QVC return label, you have to pay the original shipping charge, plus the ruturn label fee....usually $6.95.  However depending on the weight of the package it could be a higher cost.  That is the extra $6.95.  Makes it rather pricey when returning an item. 

Respected Contributor

No, I don't expect shipping times to get better.  I live in Colorado and the last order I placed, a very long time ago, took over 2 weeks.  Using the excuse that it's UPS fault doesn't hold water.  Amazon uses them and I get my stuff in 2 days.  HSN uses them and the average time is 5 days.  It's totally on the Q.  Instead of getting frustrated and paying an enormous amount for shipping that takes forever, I just don't shop here anymore.  

Respected Contributor

I use to be amazed how quickly I received my orders from QVC.  Most times I would receive them in 3 days.  However, one of my orders has been processing for 3 days and hasn't even shipped!

Did they have cutbacks in the shipping department?  If it was Amazon, I would have had my product and been using it by now!!

Super Contributor

I am aware there is a $6.95 return shipping charge if i use there return label.....i was referring to when i choose to pay for the return ...( when it is a lightweight item and i know it will be cheaper to pay for return myself ).....i was saying i paid for returning the item myself yet many times they deduct $6.95 ....which shoud not be done if i paid to return...so i need to contact c/s many times regarding this happening...to me 

Honored Contributor

Returns processing is also extremely slow.  They received my return 3 weeks ago and I had to call to get them to process it.  

Contributor

I ordered cat food from Chewy.com.  There was one box of 40 cans and two boxes of 12 cans, so it wasn't a light weight package.  I paid $6.95 for shipping and it was at my door  the following day.  Wonder why QVC can't offer the same service!  I certainly didn't pay more because the package was heavy like you're expected to do at the Q.