Frequent Contributor

Slatkin "Harvest" Candles question?

Hi:

I will be ordering the Slatkin "Harvest" set of candles today.  My question is about the Pumpkin Caramel Popcorn candle.  I love pumpkin and caramel but was wondering about the popcorn scent in the candle.  Does anyone have this candle and can you describe how it smells?  Thanks so much and have a beautiful day!

Valued Contributor

Re: Slatkin "Harvest" Candles question?

@jettaforce wrote:

Hi:

I will be ordering the Slatkin "Harvest" set of candles today.  My question is about the Pumpkin Caramel Popcorn candle.  I love pumpkin and caramel but was wondering about the popcorn scent in the candle.  Does anyone have this candle and can you describe how it smells?  Thanks so much and have a beautiful day!

@jettaforce The popcorn scent is light. It does not smell at all like you’ve just popped a bag of microwave popcorn. The primary scent is maple syrup. If you’ve ever smelled Waffle Crisp or Corn Pops cereal, that is what it reminds me of the most.

Honored Contributor

I have tried several of his candles, was very disappointed in them, once lit they really do not have a good throw  of scent.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

I have never had any issues with the throw of these candles. The main issue has been the evenness off the burn and tunneling. However, this set of candles, of which I’ve owned 2, didn’t have any issues with the burn. That problem came along with sets that were released after this one. 

Trusted Contributor

I tried this candle last year. I had it in my kitchen, family room  area which is where our family spends most of our time. I thought it was to strong for that close and it made us feel hungry all day. I don't know if that's good or bad. I probably won't be burning it again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jettaforce wrote:

Hi:

@jettaforce 

Too me these two Homeworx sets are the best of his candles.  I felt that they were comparable to anything he ever did with Bath & Body Works. I didn't even notice any popcorn in my set. These candles had just the right amount of throw, and the candles burned evenly.  Do NOT cut the wicks, use the top to extinquish the candles. 

I also like floral scents and enjoyed enjoyed Harry's Lotus Flower and  Enchanted Peony.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”