Respected Contributor

Silly Lancer/ all Q anti ageing claims

[ Edited ]

Last night I flipped by Q and caught Shawn raving over Lancer and it's anti ageing results. She specifically mentioned how Lancer get's rid of 'those difiicult nose to mouth lines'- not remotely possible. This morning flipping by Q caught Candace Cameron, the Lancer ambassador, who has very pronounced nose to mouth lines especially for her age. Lol.

QVC plays very fast and loose with beauty claims.

Ahh, what women will believe chasing the beauty miracle!

Respected Contributor

Re: Silly Lancer/ all Q anti ageing claims

You are so right @ellaphant .  Also, anyone else not overly impressed with the before and after photos after using Lancer?   I couldn't see much of a difference.

Honored Contributor

There's only one skincare product, that I know of, which has legally and officially claimed to be an actual anti-aging substance and it's backed by the FDA and science. That would be tretinoin, aka Retin-A. All other products cannot have that said about them. Tretinoin...the one and only anti-ager.

Super Contributor

@ellaphant   You're absolutely right.  The best alternative is to grow older gracefully!

Trusted Contributor

They make these ridiculous statements about beauty products but some people still fall for them.  I did not see ANY difference between the before and after photos on the Lancer show at all.  I had to look super close and still,,,,,,,nothing.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think their paid spokesperson, the TV star, looks any younger than her real age.  I only see her skin is very shiny from exfoliation, and red.

Honored Contributor

I think QVC's Beauty audience can be very gullible.

Respected Contributor

The best skincare treatments are achieved with lasers.  I have had laser treatments to tighten my skin and it works because it produces collagen.

Esteemed Contributor

Just think of all the years, decades, that QVC hosts have been selling various skin care lines.......... and, gewhiz, all those long-time hosts have aged just as much as the rest of us.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

The before and after pics for any beauty products are so bogus! It’s laughable.