Honored Contributor

Re: Silliness is the new black

@kaydee50 wrote:

I rarely watch and the comments here remind me why I don't.  If QVC's profits are down 16% as someone has mentioned, they are in trouble.  I stand by my estimate that in 5 years all the shopping channels will be obsolete unless they drastically change their way of selling.

Personally, I think they should become an online retailer and forget the hosts, expensive sets, vendors, etc. etc.

@kaydee50 

You can go to Libertyinteractive.com which is the parent company of Qurate/QVC etc and read and see the financial reports, press releases and presentations .......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

for every whine about the fun and adding big ole threat about q losing a sale (lol).......

theres many more enjoying the fun and buying.........more like fun than do not like fun

so them going to snoozefest presentations for the anti fun makes no sense.   

find what you like and enjoy it.

@TheMemphisVette @RespectLife 

But if the "entertainment focus" is such a good strategy and thats what viewers like then why dont their sales reflect it....just asking.....🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Nothing new about those two being silly,

@rms1954 wrote:

Nothing new about those two being silly,

Nothing new about people complaining about something when all they need to do is change the channel.

@spumoni99 

But QVC's sales are down 16% and turning the channel doesnt help improve their financial picture......

Then complain where it counts don't just vent here, it does no good.

which is where?

the QVC twitter, FBk, and other SM channels either don't take messaging or never respond and to be honest how many are going to write an actual letter 

there is too much emphasis on entertaining over giving the details buyers need

The CEO, Kachina has posted the address several times.

Yes @spumoni99 

Exactly!

WRITE TO CORPORATE if you don't like something !

I enjoy their shows!  Truth, I never watch any entire show...but I am a clicker.

Refuse to watch commercials, so I click to Q to see what the item is.

Amy gives all the info I need all the time.  They seem to have a close working friendship, what's wrong with that?

And as @Kachina624 said...at least it AIN'T Disney.

I hope they are receiving a stipend for all the FREE advertising given!

@RespectLife 

Snail mail gets the least amount of attention these days. Corporations are more interested on views expressed in "social media" thats where all the "action" and attention is these days and thats what people follow and this blog is social media. Surveys are also important.

One of the mods even said on one thread she would pass on the comments .....and it was about a certain vendor/host combo that didnt work....Now whether or not the Execs pays attention to viewer suggestions/recommendations that's another issue.  In their conferences with Stockholders they are blaming the Ukraine War do they import that many items from that locartion (????) and also supply issues, even though QVC items are now in stock.....

A co-worker and I were selected to attend a Busness Seminar (it didnt have to do much with what our company did, but it was very interesting, mostly about the retail world). They talked a lot about the "Retail Graveyard" and how customer feedback was so important for a company to succeed....and how many companies that are "no longer with us" didnt pay attention to what customers were saying....

Frequent Contributor

It always amazes me that viewers cannot make comments without someone chiming in about changing the channel.  Stop the snarky responses!!

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

for every whine about the fun and adding big ole threat about q losing a sale (lol).......

theres many more enjoying the fun and buying.........more like fun than do not like fun

so them going to snoozefest presentations for the anti fun makes no sense.   

find what you like and enjoy it.

@TheMemphisVette @RespectLife 

But if the "entertainment focus" is such a good strategy and thats what viewers like then why dont their sales reflect it....just asking.....🤔

@Spurt 

they have plenty of data from non fun and fun to determine which is better for sales

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

Well, sales are down everywhere. I had the displeasure of going to B&M stores this week for formal wear for a family wedding. I started at Macy’s. Clothing, expensive clothes lying all over the floor, dirty. One person in charge of the area but was on her phone. Turned me off right away. Off to Nordstrom, tho clean, styles more for a much younger client & the shoe department with death defying heels.

I am retired and don’t need anything but casual & shop almost entirely online so I hope QVC doesn’t go anywhere. I don’t mind the chit chat & lite atmosphere on QVC.

I wound up at a bridal salon. I ordered shoes online from Nordstrom as selections had more variety suitable for me, online.
Respected Contributor

@Litlbitcountry wrote:

It always amazes me that viewers cannot make comments without someone chiming in about changing the channel.  Stop the snarky responses!!

@Litlbitcountry 

we can watch anything we want.  if we want to watch something we do not like that is entirely up to us.

ignore those who are offering us an option for our unpleasant viewing

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stray wrote:
Well, sales are down everywhere. I had the displeasure of going to B&M stores this week for formal wear for a family wedding. I started at Macy’s. Clothing, expensive clothes lying all over the floor, dirty. One person in charge of the area but was on her phone. Turned me off right away. Off to Nordstrom, tho clean, styles more for a much younger client & the shoe department with death defying heels.

I am retired and don’t need anything but casual & shop almost entirely online so I hope QVC doesn’t go anywhere. I don’t mind the chit chat & lite atmosphere on QVC.

I wound up at a bridal salon. I ordered shoes online from Nordstrom as selections had more variety suitable for me, online.

@Stray 

You are so right about Macy's even their store here in a "high scale mall" (LaCantera) the store is mess clothes thrown all over floor, dressing rooms are dirty, and Sales Reps are on their personal cell phones and arent very helpful.......  Now you can go to Dillards and all their stores are nice and clean, great sales, and the Sales Associates are very friendly and helpful....And Macy's wonders why they are financially in trouble! 

Sadly, QVC sales have been declining for many years, and that's why there have been a steady rotation of Execs to try to bring up revenues and sales but their attempts havent been successful...(although they actually picked up during the height of quarantine during the pandemic, but now they are back to double digit declines) ..Now the current CEO's emphasis and strategy is on the streaming channels .....we'll see how that works....hope QVC succeeds in their efforts.....

Many of us provide feedback because we want QVC to remain as a shopping option and offer our suggestions and comments....I dont understand why so many people object to that.....they can always bypass threads....

Valued Contributor

I turn the channel alot from QVC.  I just can't stand the disrespect and rudeness to guests.  Some of the hosts talk so fast I get a headache, so i just turn the channel.  I just love to watch Mary Beth, Pat, Jayne and Leah.  It is like shopping with a friend.  Sometimes there is a show I want to watch, but I just can't do it.  

Frequent Contributor

@Litlbitcountry, and the "change the channel if you don't like it" folks somehow can't figure out how to take their own advice and scroll past the posts and comments they don't like.