Respected Contributor

Re: Silliest/weirdest products ever sold on QVC

@SunValley   Man LOLCat LOLWoman LOLSmiley Very HappyRobot LOL

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@granddi wrote:

About 30+ years ago, I saw a weight loss mirror. It was a full length mirror that altered your shape to a slimmer look. (think fun house mirror). You got a cassette tape that I guess motivated you to be thin. 

But the pooping moose has to be in the Hall of Fame. 

That is so weird. I have a full length mirror that adds 20 pounds every year. I must have bought the wrong mirror!

@SunValley, I think you and I bought the same darn mirror!

My first thought was the pooping moose. I also remember one time when Steve Bryant had to present a ship in a bottle. He flat out said, I really don't know much of what to say about this item. It's a ship in a bottle! LOL! I never saw a host so stumped for things to say. Some things there just are no words for. I wonder if anyone bought it?

Honored Contributor

BEDS, furniture of any type

I'm sure I'll think of more

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

I liked the Katsak; Mike Rowe presented it.  It's a bag that cats love to crawl into, apparently because of the crinkly sounds it makes.  Here's Mike using it to demonstrate the Unknown Comic.

katsak.JPG

He could not retain any composure selling this waste of money....so funny.

@SunValley,

@ValuSkr-

LOL! I was thinking, I would buy this! My cat's favorite thing is crinkly bags.

I have them all over my floor and paper from Michael's that they wrap stuff inSmiley Happy!

The only problem is she steps on them to wake me up in the morning when her bowl is ONLY half full, poor thing!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Qgirl26-

haha!!

"It's a ship in a bottle"

I love this!

Wouldn't it be funny if everything they presented they said,

I don't know what to say about this...Its a dress, it's a vacuum-it vacuums lol!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay If I remember correctly, he either said or insinuated that that there was no need to buy this bag—just grab one from your stash. Lol

Mike R was just not having this nonesense without joining in the laughter!

Valued Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Qgirl26-

haha!!

I love this!

I don't know what to say about this...Its a dress, it's a vacuum-it vacuums lol!

I remember thinking, I hope he doesn't get fired over this! lol! I loved Steve Bryant. I still miss him to this day.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley-

So funny!

Thats how I used to sell Avon lol!

I would tell customers-actually, this isn't really good! (if I really didn't think so)

One thing QVC used to sell at Christmas was a singing cardinal on a swing type nest. It was really loud and I could never decide if I wanted it or it would be so obnoxious no one would ever let me turn it on!

Kind of like those fish on a wall that sing lol!

Respected Contributor

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

@Qgirl26-

haha!!

I love this!

I remember thinking, I hope he doesn't get fired over this! lol! I loved Steve Bryant. I still miss him to this day.

I could think of lots to say...

”carry it with you for a pop of color”

”you can dress it up or down”

”money!”

”buy as many as you like”

”perfect gift for your bus driver, manicurist, dog walker, and garbage man”

”take it with you to the pumpkin patch”

See, it’s easy!

Respected Contributor

Recently, I would add the inflatable T-Rex costume that they had on CIJ kickoff on July 1st.

I'm not short...I'm fun size!