Trusted Contributor

Silliest/weirdest products ever sold on QVC

[ Edited ]

I was thinking about some of the products QVC has sold over the years, and some were just so ridiculous IMO. 

1. Anyone remember the gadget that took your left over soap slivers and squashed them together to make a full bar of soap? It was marketed as a money saving gadget. However, when the vendor and show host Bob Bowersox said you could make holiday gifts for friends and family, I thought, "Eww". No one wants my used soap as a gift. 😆

2. The next one really made me laugh. It was a plastic duck about 12" high (the hosts used to measure every item back then), and you could dress it a variety of outfits. In the rainy month of April, the duck had a slicker and matching rain hat. Christmas time-yep, the duck was in a Santa suit. Every month a new outfit for your duck. I remember Kathy Levine trying to sell this without laughing. I can only imagine what she was thinking!

So, my fellow shoppers, what silly items do you remember from QVC past?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Silliest/weirdest products ever sold on QVC

The Pooping Moose. Image result for qvc moose pooper picture

Honored Contributor

Slippers that dusted the floor while you wore them.The pooping moose candy dispenser!

Esteemed Contributor

I vote for Poo Pourri.....I still don't see giving it as a gift....LOL

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma@That stuff really works though.I agree that it sounds silly but we bought some and now the bathroom is a much safer place to enter.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I liked the Katsak; Mike Rowe presented it.  It's a bag that cats love to crawl into, apparently because of the crinkly sounds it makes.  Here's Mike using it to demonstrate the Unknown Comic.

katsak.JPG

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I liked the Katsak; Mike Rowe presented it.  It's a bag that cats love to crawl into, apparently because of the crinkly sounds it makes.  Here's Mike using it to demonstrate the Unknown Comic.

katsak.JPG

He could not retain any composure selling this waste of money....so funny.

Respected Contributor

About 30+ years ago, I saw a weight loss mirror. It was a full length mirror that altered your shape to a slimmer look. (think fun house mirror). You got a cassette tape that I guess motivated you to be thin. 

But the pooping moose has to be in the Hall of Fame. 

Respected Contributor

@granddi wrote:

About 30+ years ago, I saw a weight loss mirror. It was a full length mirror that altered your shape to a slimmer look. (think fun house mirror). You got a cassette tape that I guess motivated you to be thin. 

But the pooping moose has to be in the Hall of Fame. 

That is so weird. I have a full length mirror that adds 20 pounds every year. I must have bought the wrong mirror!

Respected Contributor

You guys are cracking me up!  I guess I don't watch that much because I missed all of these examples.  That Katsak/unknown comic photo really did me in!  Cat LOL

Laura loves cats!