Occasional Contributor

Silica Gel Packets Q Uses now-Deadly to kids/pets!

PLEASE be careful if you're a Q customer with kids and/or pets. Suddenly my Q clothing purchases are arriving with LOTS of silica gel packets. If the order is in a box, there's often white tissue paper and I recently came across a packet that got caught in the paper. What if my CAT found it before I did?? These are lethal to pets and children! I don't get it. I'm so paranoid now about going through every single inch of my orders. It also seems not great from a Legal standpoint.

Valued Contributor

Re: Silica Gel Packets Q Uses now-Deadly to kids/pets!

I just had 2 of those !@#$%^&*() silica packets empty out on my kitchen floor.  QVC, this is something that you need to address immediately!  You cannot possibly guarantee that these packets will stay closed up to and thru the shipping process.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Silica Gel Packets Q Uses now-Deadly to kids/pets!

Maybe you can post where you read about the toxicity. I just checked the Pet Poison Helpline and they said they are nontoxic as long as they are not the ones that change color to indicate moisture content.

I dislike them, too, and have seen evidence of my pup finding and shredding a pkg of these that escaped. He is fine. It isn't just the Q that uses them, I have received them from virtually all companies I've ordered from, especially shoe companies.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop