Super Contributor

Re: Sick and tired of remote

[ Edited ]

I live in PA and we are just about open, so I think in June, you will see vendors back in the studio, especially if they are local, like David Dangle, Scott Grimes and Lori Goldstein.  We are almost there.  I went into the Wawa today without a mask - I expected a siren to go off, but it was fine.

edited to add - Wawa, Walmart, Target, and Starbucks will allow no mask for fully vaccinated people.

Honored Contributor

For me its mixed reviews---some of the vendor feeds from Zoom and Skype are fine, while with others the feed is awful, you cant hear them, or the screen keeps freezing, and delay in the conversations drive me crazy...and for me they shouldnt even bother having a vendor "phone-in" just have the hosts handle the presentation! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

lot Re: Sick and tired of remote

I think a lot of it depends on the vendors set up.  I have noticed that the colors seem to be different between the studio and the vendor when I watch.  Not sure if that is my TV or not though.  I do prefer the vendors in the studio minus the hugging and kissing.  I'm not sure it will ever go back to what it was. There is plus and minus to both.

It is what it is!!!
Honored Contributor

I think it's been working great, much better than expected, for most vendors.

Flying or driving to the studio is fine for several hour presentations, ridiculous for 10 minutes to present one product. 

As others mentioned, I don't miss all the smooching, hugging, and "Oh, how wonderful to see you again," when they saw them back stage before the program started. 

Honored Contributor

This has for me been the most enjoyable time when I've watched live.

No more FAKE hugging & kissing like the host hasn't seen this person in years, No more FAKE over the top reactions and more...

The things Q sells IMO can be found anywhere and frankly, a vendor in the studio doesn't make much sense when the Skype presentations seem fine.  

It's worked this long why change it now🤷‍♀️