Respected Contributor

Maybe this is QVC's way of slowly easing into more of this type of format and away from host presentations.  When you think about it, QVC would be saving quite a bit of cash not having to payout big host salaries and healthcare benefits. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

I saw Jackie and Isaac today and enjoyed the 2 of them together.  It was the first time I've seen a vendor hosted show.  Don't know that I would like them all, but this one was good.  

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

QVC would be saving quite a bit of cash not having to payout big host salaries and healthcare benefits. 

I think you're right but you're missing two factors bigger than six figure salaries for 40 QVC + HSN hosts: That by transitioning to product representatives selling from their own homes Qurate could save money from (1) running a television crew in (two) large studios 20 hours a day and (2) paying cable carriage fees for five networks by instead creating content hosted for free on social media sites.

Esteemed Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

Maybe this is QVC's way of slowly easing into more of this type of format and away from host presentations.  When you think about it, QVC would be saving quite a bit of cash not having to payout big host salaries and healthcare benefits. 

Would be nice if the savings would be passed onto customers .