Frequent Contributor

I just tuned in to QvC2 to check out an Isaac clearance show. There's no host; just Isaac and his colleague Jackie Stafford. Seems more intimate without a host. Is this something new on Q2 or has it been going on for a while? Forgive me for not knowing; I seldom turn on this channel. 

Esteemed Contributor

They have been doing this on Q2 for several weeks now.  Angel does a QF show, Susan Graver, Kim Gravel........not sure of others and haven't seen Isaac and jackie yet.  It seems odd at first but I have to tell you  I kind of like just having the vendor, especially Angel who has the designer for QF John skype in with her.

Honored Contributor

@ncmom 

They did the same thing a week or two ago .... I saw both two other vendors (KIm and Susan) hosting their own shows with the stand-in taking their usual part.

Respected Contributor

I have seen a few of the shows with no host and I would give them a "thumbs up."  The problem so many complain about is solved:  no host constantly interrupts the vendor!   We don't have to listen to the latest episode of someone's adult daughter, we don't have to listen to a host make up words and games to entertain us, we don't have squirrels talking to each other..many advantages.  OH, by the way:  more product information too!

Respected Contributor

@ncmom   I don't see it often without a QVC host, but Isaac is interesting to listen to and I enjoy watching his shoes since he goes over the garments instead of going on and on about his personal life. I think some vendors can carry the show on their own, or with their own people discussing the fit and product and how to launder.

Nice to have him on the show (apparently, he is a guest on Jackie's show) and less interruptions from the hosts, telling me how many have been sold, or what is the most popular color....that is going to sell out!

I buy many of Isaac's items, and have been very happy with the fit and quality.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I don't watch QVC2 at all and seldom watch the main channel.  Maybe they're trying this new format out to see how it works.  As I've said before, IMO all the hosts should leave and let the vendors sell their products.  Then it would be a true "shopping" channel.

Honored Contributor

Some of the vendors have been around so long, they're more experienced than some hosts. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

HSN has been doing this for years. Many vendors are quite capable of handling it alone.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like it at all! 👎  It lacks a professional quality to me.

Respected Contributor

@mac116 

Some hosts demonstrate a serious lack of professionalism. Some shows are better off without a host.