Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Show the models!

[ Edited ]

Seems too often, the vendor and the host spend so much time talking to each other and showing colors and sizes, they seem to forget the models.  If I were a model, I would complain that they didn't get much air time.  I was just watching Susan Graver on TSV2 - and Katia walked off before they ever showed her wearing something that sold out.  How rude.

Honored Contributor

I know that on D&C the models are big part of the presentation.

Carolyn and the other hosts do a good job of interacting with them and the clothes are well displayed on the models.

Can't speak to other clothing lines as I don't watch Graver at all and very little of the others.

Esteemed Contributor

Noticed that on recent Dooney presentation - Sue was hooked up with one of the chatty hosts - there were FIVE models standing with handbags - shown at the very end of demo.  I had no clue models were there. 

Honored Contributor

IMO all the hosts spend too much time at the rack, what's the point of having models when you don't show enough of them to make it worth while. Maybe the models should be postioned around the rack.

Valued Contributor

In the show I was watching,  the host spent most of the time modeling the item being shown - how much she loved it,  how well it fit her.   Well - if she wants to do the modeling, maybe she should change jobs.   It was just irritating.

Esteemed Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

In the show I was watching,  the host spent most of the time modeling the item being shown - how much she loved it,  how well it fit her.   Well - if she wants to do the modeling, maybe she should change jobs.   It was just irritating.

@LexaMom  I am w/you on this.  I very much dislike it when the host puts on a garment.  If they already have it on, okay, but that's what the models are for.  The hosts are not models, even tho some of them think they are.

Honored Contributor

Re: Show the models!

[ Edited ]

Its just another indication how some of the hosts view the shows as all about them instead of the real job at hand.....SELLING MERCHANDISE....we tune in and want to see how clothing/accessories look on the models instead of having the focus on the rack and the host! Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

Seems too often, the vendor and the host spend so much time talking to each other and showing colors and sizes, they seem to forget the models.  If I were a model, I would complain that they didn't get much air time.  I was just watching Susan Graver on TSV2 - and Katia walked off before they ever showed her wearing something that sold out.  How rude.

@LexaMom I also get disgusted w/ that and go online.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Its just another indication how some of the hosts view the shows as all about them instead of the real job at hand.....SELLING MERCHANDISE....we tune in and want to see how clothing/accessories look on the models instead of having the focus on the rack and the host! Woman Frustrated

@Spurt.   ITA. I’ve said before how annoying it is that the hosts are campaigning to be our friends, buddies, FB “friends”, spend time with social media questions/answers, family stories...Who cares? Just the facts, please.

Esteemed Contributor

The models don’t do anything to help me when they give height and size if they don’t give weight.  Katia is my least favorite model with her attitude so didn’t miss her.