Valued Contributor

Re: Show hosts names in program guide have been removed?

@faeriemoon wrote:

Years ago they used to list the hosts of the shows in the guide, then they stopped doing it.  I assumed it was because it made it easy to avoid tuning into hosts we don't like.  I had no idea they were listing them again because I haven't checked a program guide in ages.

Aside from enjoying Leah's show on Saturdays, I can't say there is one host I look forward to watching.  Even Leah can get on my nerves...

I am not 100% sure but I feel like they stopped posting them years ago because a host or two were being stalked, so they removed their names for their safety.  It was not beneficial to let people know ahead of time when a certain host was going to be on air and in the studio.  So they might be doing it once again for the safety of the hosts. This is just speculation but I am sure they have their reasons.

Super Contributor

I wonder if  HSN will follow.  You are able to search by hosts name on that program guide.  It will also show the hosts schedule for about a two month period, I believe.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Qgirl26 Program hosts' names have been listed on the QVC online Program Guide from December 1996-2002 and July 2019-March 2022. 

QVC removed the Program Host names from the online Program Guide in 2002 after Lisa Robertson and Pat James DeMentri were stalked (and yet they remained in their regular schedule of on-air shifts).

Recently QVC has placed a crackdown on information getting to viewers: they regularly remove contact information and names of QVC management on this forum because they can't take the criticism.

Valued Contributor

Very interesting comments here. There are particular weekly slots that I have memorized who hosts it. For example, Fashions Night In and anything LOGO has the same host and I can not tolerate her, so I never tune in. I remember when I used to fall asleep with QVC on and had it on during the day for background noise and company while raising my children. My ears would perk many times and they had my attention. Now it's just too much balogna and I miss the way things were. 

Esteemed Contributor

How about maybe QVC does this because they know that Customers might not tune in if they knew who will be doing the Hosting? If you don't know and you tune in and saw something you like even though you might not like the Host you just might stick around to see what else is next on the program.

Valued Contributor

Does it matter?

Respected Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 Considering that this is the third thread on this topic this week, yes.

Honored Contributor

I don't care one way or another who the host is going to be.

I set up my tv to DVR anything I think I might be interested in.

Then I fast forward over the entire show, stopping if I see something I might want to purchase.

I will admit that I get frustrated when I'm sitting in front of the tv waiting and waiting to hear what stupid names the colors of the garments are called.

It's down right stupid the names the colors are given.  Who in the name of Heaven comes up with these stupid names?

More than one time I've wanted to throw my shoe at the TV while waiting to hear the colors of the garment.

I've asked why they don't put up the garment and color on the screen while the host is acting like a late night entertainer.

This back and forth banter would be more bearable if I could see the garment the entire time.  That way I can also move on to something else.

Look!  I know it's not easy trying to convince an audience in 5 minutes why they need to buy this mattress in a box when you are the"lucky" person presenting it for the tenth or more times.

I couldn't do it.  Well...if I was getting the big bucks..I'd think of something to say.

🙃

Trusted Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

My take on this is it's because there are so many negative comments about some of the hosts' behavior.  If they don't list the host, you have to tune in to see who the host is.  Sneaky, huh?

I don't think there will be an answer to this question from corporate.

If this is true, than the only result is that people (like me) will watch less and/or glance for a few minutes to find out who the host is and then make the decision to continue to view the show or not.   They should know by now by the naming of shows with the host(s) name that viewers are effected by it.  And the regular assigning of shows to certain hosts does the same thing.   

Only time will tell how this tactic will work for them.  In the meantime all we can do is adapt by lessening our viewership and/or check the beginning of shows in making viewer decisions.