Honored Contributor

Re: Shopping Would Be Much More Enjoyable If

@BalletBabe wrote:

@santorini   I agree with you!  There is no reason that things will stay like this.   Things did go back to normal after 911.   People are so into being negative.  This virus has not stopped me from living my life to the fullest.  I wear a mask were I have to and that is it.  I will always be around my family, no one will stop that.  This Virus will pass.  Will it take time for businesses to get back to normal??  Yes, it will just take time.   Nothing has really changed as I said for me.  

Am I running around with a mask on.  Nope  If I am alone No I don't wear one.  Do I drive with one on?? Nope.   

@BalletBabe  Normal after 9/11?  Many things changed after 9/11:

Increased security at airports (including restrictions on what you can bring, and we used to walk out loved ones all the way to the gate, etc.)

Creation of the TSA

Creation of the Department of Homeland Security

Increased street surveillance, everywhere

Perhaps you have not felt these massive changes personally, but many people have, and it has indeed changed our country as a whole. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@santorini   I agree with you!  There is no reason that things will stay like this.   Things did go back to normal after 911.   People are so into being negative.  This virus has not stopped me from living my life to the fullest.  I wear a mask were I have to and that is it.  I will always be around my family, no one will stop that.  This Virus will pass.  Will it take time for businesses to get back to normal??  Yes, it will just take time.   Nothing has really changed as I said for me.  

Am I running around with a mask on.  Nope  If I am alone No I don't wear one.  Do I drive with one on?? Nope.   

Increased security at airports (including restrictions on what you can bring, and we used to walk out loved ones all the way to the gate, etc.)

Creation of the TSA

Perhaps you have not felt these massive changes personally, but many people have, and it has indeed changed our country as a whole. 

If you want to believe that go ahead.  So there is more security in place,  Should have been like that in the first place. Most people live as I do.  It has changed nothing for me.  I travel to NY often and I fly often.  It changed nothing for me. 

I have seen no change even in NY.  I am sorry but it did not change the Country at all.  Most live as I do and it changed nothing for me.   

You can't compare what happened on 911 to this Virus.  Life is moving along and people are starting to go out again.  When it passes it will have passed.  If it is changing peoples lives it is because you are letting it.  I am never home and am doing pretty much what I normally do.   Be optimistic this crying the blues is not healthy.  I look at 911 like this.  We are safer now then before.  That is a good thing and this viris will have taught people to wash their hands often and keep their hands away from their face.  It all helps.  I do that anyway and haven't been in a Dr's office for 26 years for being sick.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's going to be a long time before we have another kind of normal.  The plague of 1918 lasted 10 years.  Lack of leadership and action has caused it to spread so far; countless people have the virus without symptoms and keep passing it on.  

Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@minimalistWF wrote:

@Foxxee Unfortunately we won't ever be returning to the pre-covid normal.  Those days are over, it's all the new normal which has both good and bad things.

I hate it when people say that.  I have to disagree.  Things WILL be normal again.  This will pass.

I agree when people say new normal those words I don't want to hear.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

Creation of the TSA

If you want to believe that go ahead.  So there is more security in place,  Should have been like that in the first place. Most people live as I do.  It has changed nothing for me.  I travel to NY often and I fly often.  It changed nothing for me. 

I have seen no change even in NY.  I am sorry but it did not change the Country at all.  Most live as I do and it changed nothing for me.   

You can't compare what happened on 911 to this Virus.  Life is moving along and people are starting to go out again.  When it passes it will have passed.  If it is changing peoples lives it is because you are letting it.  I am never home and am doing pretty much what I normally do.   Be optimistic this crying the blues is not healthy.  I look at 911 like this.  We are safer now then before.  That is a good thing and this viris will have taught people to wash their hands often and keep their hands away from their face.  It all helps.  I do that anyway and haven't been in a Dr's office for 26 years for being sick.  

@BalletBabe  in my statement there's nothing to believe or not believe.  Are you questioning whether the TSA and Dept. of Homeland Security were established as a direct result of 9/11?  It's just a fact.  I was not even trying to compare 9/11 to the virus -- but you did in your post, so I was just addressing your own words. 

There's no crying the blues from me.  I live my life.  Even though I would never be so presumptuous to say "most live as I do."  Really? 

There's realistic adjustment that will surely follow.  Life will surely move along and we will get back to doing things we've always done, and for some, those things could quite necessarily see some changes. 

I was born and raised in NYC, not just travel there once in a while.  I worked one block from the Trade Center.  I go back once a month to our family condo to see family.  Yes, life changed, but it has become seamless since then and joy comes from not burying one's head, but living one's life.