Respected Contributor

Re: ShopHQ is selling stun guns for the holidays !!!

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

I don't know how useful those would be, you have to be right next to the offender to use it and it could easily be taken from you. Pepper spray you can use at somewhat of a distance.  Stun guns are illegal in Illinois where I live anyway.

Not necessarily, the more expensive ones shoot the probes out from a distance, like the ones police carry.

Pepper spray has the problem of a breeze/wind blowing it back in the user's face instead of the attacker's.

@KingstonsMom I think you are referring to taser guns - they shoot probes. They're what law enforcement use.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom 

Yes, that what I'm referring to, we have those too, but they stay in our home and our car, they're much bigger to carry in a purse, etc.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Don't make this decision casually.  I believe the voltage on the one they are selling could kill some people or animals. 

Honored Contributor

If you read the How To Use instructions, you have to hold the electrodes against the assailant and press the button.  I don't think a stun gun works by just shooting it.  It isn't a taser.  It's gives off electrical shock, hence the "stun."

Esteemed Contributor

A Stun Gun saved my life a few years ago.  I always walk with one and also a body alarm and pepper spray.  A guy was following me in his car but I didn't know it because I had ear buds in.  He stopped in the middle of the road leaving his engine runnimg.  He ran up behind me and pulled my right shoulder, as he did that my arm went up (Iwas carrying pepper spray)  and I shot him right in his face.  Two people saw it happen and called the police.

After he fell down burning from spray in his eyes , I topped it off with the laser gun.  The cops were so impressed.  LOL   So those of you that think it i snot a good Christmas gift.  Your wrong.  

Frequent Contributor

Im the biggest animal lover,I was walking last week like I do for the pasT 3o yrs,Never had a issue!!! One week ago i was walking  and i came to cross street with a woman and her dog< she had no control her dog broke lose and went straight for 1 of 2 dogs i was walkining and attack My Dog it was so horrible my dog yelped i in horror,Her dog was a german shepard amd mine was a beagle,My dog Buzz had no fighting chance.,I had to rush him to hospital.I bought stuns guns!!!I hope i never have to use it but i have to protect myself and my dogs,   Her Husband stepped up to the plate and paid hospital bill.Buy the stun guns !!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe  Oh that's dangerous to walk with earbuds in! Situational awareness! Glad you're okay.

Is that another Boop I see??? Hey Boop happy0005.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919  Sam is now a brand ambassador for Diane Gilman on HSN. I miss his enthusiastic style of product presentation for One World on ShopHQ.

~~~ All we need is LOVEof💖

Occasional Visitor

Was wondering if you would have the item number for this product? thankyou

Trusted Contributor

You can find “stun” devices on Amazon. I have a couple. I also carry pepper spray. You can never be too careful anymore. For those that don’t believe these are good gifts, if you want to help keep a loved one safe than yes they are. Do the research first. Read the reviews, and be informed on how best to use them. Today’s world is indeed a far less safe place. And crime can happen anywhere. Situational awareness is important and having a strategy may save your life. Defensive tools when used correctly can help.