Occasional Contributor

What happen to all the shoes that Jane Tracey, other hosts and models demo bare feet?

Why are they not wearing socks?

Are shoes just put back in boxes and sold to us?

All the local stores require socks of some type.

Esteemed Contributor

We'll never know, but they could/should be sold "As Is."  Local stores may "require" some sort of foot covering but I see many people try on shoes with bare feet.  There are no shoe police watching. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Shoe show and demos

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Forum @Katabalu.

This subject has been discussed previously here.  Same objection as you.

Don't worry.  By the time you receive the shoes, if Jane had, let's say, athletes foot, the fungus probably would be dead. It needs a warm, moist environment to survive; however, someone can get it from shower floors, swimming areas, etc.  

Yes, I know, it's the thought of buying shoes someone tried on with bare feet that could be dirty or had a fungal, bacterial, or viral infection, such as plantar wart that occurs on the feet.  

Respected Contributor

I never went to try on shoes in the last at least 30 years where I was told to put something on my feet. Also,  if you buy online no one sees how you try the shoes on in your home.

Honored Contributor

@Katabalu wrote:

What happen to all the shoes that Jane Tracey, other hosts and models demo bare feet?

Why are they not wearing socks?

Are shoes just put back in boxes and sold to us?

All the local stores require socks of some type.

@Katabalu People try on shoes without sox, blouses without anything but a bra under them, pants with bare legs, etc.  Yes, shoes are put back in boxes and blouses back on hangers.  

Respected Contributor
Jane and I don’t eleven wear the same size.