Honored Contributor

Shipping of Multiples Separately?

[ Edited ]

I have a curiosity question about the shipping of multiples of the same item.  Specifically, this is about HSN, but I'm guessing QVC may do the same.  I recently ordered 3 of the same Moremo products on HSN since I was running out of the product and HSN had them on clearance.  I was worried since it was on clearance that they might be discontinuing the product and the price was low enough (and free shipping) the 3 was slightly more than the HSN advertised price for 1.  

When I went to check out, they were listed separately rather than one item with a 3 next to it.  Then, I received 3 separate shipping notifications.  Is that common practice to ship multiples of the same item separately?  I'm assuming they will each come in a separate box since I got 3 shipping notifications.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping of Multiples Separately?

Yes, that's how they list things. But with HSN there is the possibility they will arrive in one box, especially if being shipped by the vendor.

Honored Contributor

Thanks.  That's weird IMO.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess  I just had the same thing happen with HSN.  I purchased 4 bars of Primal Elements soap to ship to my neice. Each bar of soap was shipped separately. 

Also purchased several pairs of slacks the last time they had free shipping.  Two pair were shipped in a very large box and the remaining 4 pair were crammed into one plastic bag. 

Honored Contributor

I have also rec'd 3-4 items in one order shipped in several packages. No big deal except when returning, they wanted  each item (even though one order) returned separately in it's own envelpe or box to "insure I received my proper refund" AND it cost me $6.95 to return each package....NEVER again.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I have also rec'd 3-4 items in one order shipped in several packages. No big deal except when returning, they wanted  each item (even though one order) returned separately in it's own envelpe or box to "insure I received my proper refund" AND it cost me $6.95 to return each package....NEVER again.

@Shanus Luckily, I rarely return things.  In this case, the only reason I can think of would be if the item was damaged since I already know I like the product.

I did return a pair of tops recently to QVC and according to their tracking it got lost in transit although it may have actually made it.  I did get my refund.  However, there was no mention of the quick way of returning inside the box so I missed out on the exchange for a different size that I wanted since it sold out while my item was traveling back to QVC.  Saved me some money though i guess, but it's the main reason I don't like to shop for clothing online, trying to get a good fit.  It seems many sellers err on the side of roomy for their fit charts.  it's not just QVC.  Since I'm short, I don't need extra room which tends to make me look even chunkier.

Esteemed Contributor

Probably having problems on their end.  PERIOD  They see no need to make things easier all around... just get it out and get paid. 

However it would be customer friendly if they would 

1,  create a shopping cart approach to shipping where everything is sent at once with one shipping charge.  I am not talking about huge heavy items.  But to have to pay separate for items that are the same or alike all on the same day is insane. 

2.  Follow the lead of Zulily.  They charge one shipping fee after one item is purchased for the rest of the day or weekend. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus Luckily, I rarely return things.  In this case, the only reason I can think of would be if the item was damaged since I already know I like the product.

I did return a pair of tops recently to QVC and according to their tracking it got lost in transit although it may have actually made it.  I did get my refund.  However, there was no mention of the quick way of returning inside the box so I missed out on the exchange for a different size that I wanted since it sold out while my item was traveling back to QVC.  Saved me some money though i guess, but it's the main reason I don't like to shop for clothing online, trying to get a good fit.  It seems many sellers err on the side of roomy for their fit charts.  it's not just QVC.  Since I'm short, I don't need extra room which tends to make me look even chunkier.

@Icegoddess   The Q always seems to be way  off...showing me how to measure for ALL clothing is a joke when its lines fit differently.

Most online sites, offer a size chart or description of fit for each item....also a review from othr customers if the item fit large or small. This not only insures the customer will be pleased with the fit, but means less returns for the customer, satisfaction and less paperwork on both ends.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Probably having problems on their end.  PERIOD  They see no need to make things easier all around... just get it out and get paid. 

However it would be customer friendly if they would 

1,  create a shopping cart approach to shipping where everything is sent at once with one shipping charge.  I am not talking about huge heavy items.  But to have to pay separate for items that are the same or alike all on the same day is insane. 

2.  Follow the lead of Zulily.  They charge one shipping fee after one item is purchased for the rest of the day or weekend. 

@bonnielu   If I order muliples from Amazon ,in the same order, they arrive together, unless one comes from a different vendor. My large order of art supplies seems to arrive together in one package...with a photo on my porch that it was delivered. Good business, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

And I am a Prime Member and don't pay for shipping.  And yes, arrives together.  Wish QVC would figure something else out.