Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping is riduculous!!

Get over it? Get over yourself. I am from Jersey too an I had to wait almost a month for a package to get to my home. No excuse. I am about finished with QVC and there lousy CS and shipping.Woman Mad

Esteemed Contributor

IF Amazon can do it in a day,I do not understand why QVC cannot!!!!

Valued Contributor

I also believe USPS has different grades of shipping such as priority, first class etc.  I am guessing that QVC uses the cheapest possible method so that our packages are not given priority. 

Trusted Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

I also believe USPS has different grades of shipping such as priority, first class etc.  I am guessing that QVC uses the cheapest possible method so that our packages are not given priority. 

I think a lot of shipping problems are due to companies using the cheaper smartpost shipping, or whatever it's called.  The package is sent UPS or FedX, but then UPS/FedX hands the package off to the Post Office for delivery.  Now we all know that the PO does very little correctly.  I shipped a pair of shoes back to QVC for a size exchange, and here's how that's going:   received original shoe order from Q on 6/27.....returned shoes UPS using Q's prepaid return label on 6/28.  Last tracking check showed that my return package is still sitting at my UPS store waiting for the Post Office to pick it up to get it on its way to QVC, and today is 7/10.  Hmmm...I mailed it 12 days ago and it has yet to leave my hometown?  Wonder how long it will take Q to get my new size 8 shoe off to me?  I'll start looking for my package about 3 weeks from now I guess.  Meanwhile Q has been very speedy about putting 2 EZpays on my credit card!  EZpay is not worth the hassle of dealing with Q's shipping time/fees/returns/exchanges.  There are so many better online ordering alternatives. 

Respected Contributor

I personally don't have a shipping problem with QVC, but I can say that if I have a bad experience with a retailer I don't do business with them again.  I've left several in the dust and moved on.  So many retailers to shop with so it's really not a problem.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@daisy4 wrote:

I do want to add that I do all my shopping (except for groceries) on the internet.  I deal with many other companies such as Amazon, HSN, Evine, Old Pueblo, JC Penny, Macys, Boscovs, and many more.  The only places I have a problem is QVC.   My husband's company ships all their products.  He thinks QVC has a problem with their bar coding.  When the package is scanned it must come up wrong.  There is no reason for a package that is intended for NJ from Pennsylvania to get within a 1/2 mile of my house and then be shipped to North Carolina, or the Bronx, or NYC.  It doesn't make sense!

Right now I have at least 3 packages touring the US.  They will all be cancelled or returned if I do not receive them or they come damaged.  QVC will not make a penny off these orders.  Sounds like poor business to me.

I ordered something from Vitamin World several months ago and the package went all over the country back and forth to the same cities about 3 times and to a total of 8 or 9 cities,  and took weeks to arrive.  

On the other hand I have NEVER, in many many years, had a shipping problem with QVC.  I read that a few years ago QVC had shipped around 173 million packages so it just makes sense that there might be an issue with a small % of those.   I think it is just the luck of the draw and bad things can happen with shipping with ANY company.  Personally I just don't worry about it and I don't order anything from any company that I have to have within a few days. 

Valued Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

@daisy4 wrote:

I do want to add that I do all my shopping (except for groceries) on the internet.  I deal with many other companies such as Amazon, HSN, Evine, Old Pueblo, JC Penny, Macys, Boscovs, and many more.  The only places I have a problem is QVC.   My husband's company ships all their products.  He thinks QVC has a problem with their bar coding.  When the package is scanned it must come up wrong.  There is no reason for a package that is intended for NJ from Pennsylvania to get within a 1/2 mile of my house and then be shipped to North Carolina, or the Bronx, or NYC.  It doesn't make sense!

Right now I have at least 3 packages touring the US.  They will all be cancelled or returned if I do not receive them or they come damaged.  QVC will not make a penny off these orders.  Sounds like poor business to me.

I ordered something from Vitamin World several months ago and the package went all over the country back and forth to the same cities about 3 times and to a total of 8 or 9 cities,  and took weeks to arrive.  

On the other hand I have NEVER, in many many years, had a shipping problem with QVC.  I read that a few years ago QVC had shipped around 173 million packages so it just makes sense that there might be an issue with a small % of those.   I think it is just the luck of the draw and bad things can happen with shipping with ANY company.  Personally I just don't worry about it and I don't order anything from any company that I have to have within a few days. 

I'm not sure that QVC is the problem.  When they ship UPS I have very few problems.  It's the Post Office that is giving the around the world tours to my packages.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

Oh my word, get over it.  Are any of you currently buying your heart medication from QVC?  If not, your expectations are unrealistic.

QVC chooses to send their packages through the post office.  It is the post office sending the packages to the wrong places.  As a matter of fact my husband's heart medication and many other of our medications do come through the post office.  It is scary to think where they could land, and our plan does not give us a choice!. Yet those packages always get here without a problem.  It is only the QVC packages that we have a problem with.

If QVC continues to send their packages with a shipper who makes so many mistakes than QVC is responsible.  "Getting over it" is not an option when the things that I pay good money for are not getting to me!  QVC needs to upgrade their level of customer service!

Super Contributor

I am having the same issue.  I ordered something that was shipped on July 1 and although it has a UPS tracking number the trail went cold in NC and I never received it.  This makes the 3rd item I have not received since December. 

Esteemed Contributor

and its probably the same reason that returns take forever to be processed since there is no telling how long they stay in the post office before they are shipped back to QVC.  I believe I read somewhere that they are bundled to be returned.  I always get a receipt so I have proof of when I shipped the item.