Respected Contributor

So in promoting Fashion Days yesterday and today, why not have offered FREE S & H as well???  Might have boosted sales!  I know these  fees keep me from ordering.  HSN offers way more free shipping and they often offer a 20% off one item!  Sure helps!

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping fees...once again!

@bargainsgirl wrote:

So in promoting Fashion Days yesterday and today, why not have offered FREE S & H as well???  Might have boosted sales!  I know these  fees keep me from ordering.  HSN offers way more free shipping and they often offer a 20% off one item!  Sure helps!

ITA! HSN also ships things very quickly. I receive my orders from them within 3-4 days.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do feel sure they use complex computer algorithms to help them decide when to use flash easy-pay, free shipping or other promotions.  From what I have heard from vendors that appear on the Q, everything is always very numbers driven and quite involved with all decisions like this (as well as even what times or length of time on air products are given)

So for whatever reasons, the numbers algorithms tell them when or when not to use free shipping as an incentive.  And as we all know--computer algorithms sometimes are way off!!

HeartHeartHeart

Super Contributor

Yes!!!  There is a Lug item at a today only price I would love to purchase but the $7.50 shipping fee put a halt to that. The packable Puddle Jumper from Lug literally weighs nothing (I have one already) yet the shipping is $5.50! Also, I saw a pair of Skechers that caught my eye. Here on Q...full price and $5.50 shipping. I found them elsewhere on sale and with sites that have free/less shipping charges.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston    In other words, they can't afford it?  I think sales are not doing well at all, especially clothing.  Who needs new things to wear when the only place you're going is to the mailbox?  Much if what I've seen is the same old stuff from last year in one new color.  Wow.  I've bought almost nothing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Jamstan wrote:

Yes!!!  There is a Lug item at a today only price I would love to purchase but the $7.50 shipping fee put a halt to that. The packable Puddle Jumper from Lug literally weighs nothing (I have one already) yet the shipping is $5.50! Also, I saw a pair of Skechers that caught my eye. Here on Q...full price and $5.50 shipping. I found them elsewhere on sale and with sites that have free/less shipping charges.

I'm not supporting their shipping fees one way or the other, but one thing that people might not realize is that they self-insure. 

So, if anything happens to a shipment, it's automatically covered by QVC.   

That will explain why some shipments that are very light, but have higher value than others, will have a higher ship fee.

Regular Contributor

I'm just sitting here with things in my wish list that I would like to buy. Several have already sold out but I refuse to pay s/h on several items at once. I think they have raised their prices lately. I got a pair of shoes that I know could not have weight 1 1/2 lbs tops including all packaging!! The shipping was $5.50!!  If I order now shipping would be over $30!! Nope!! Ain't gonna happen when I can find the same things online and get free shipping. 

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

I do feel sure they use complex computer algorithms to help them decide when to use flash easy-pay, free shipping or other promotions.  From what I have heard from vendors that appear on the Q, everything is always very numbers driven and quite involved with all decisions like this (as well as even what times or length of time on air products are given)

So for whatever reasons, the numbers algorithms tell them when or when not to use free shipping as an incentive.  And as we all know--computer algorithms sometimes are way off!!

HeartHeartHeart

@JasoninBoston 

Well their algorithms haven't been working very well...because way before the pandemic their sales and revenues have been dropping for the last several quarters.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@JasoninBoston    In other words, they can't afford it?  I think sales are not doing well at all, especially clothing.  Who needs new things to wear when the only place you're going is to the mailbox?  Much if what I've seen is the same old stuff from last year in one new color.  Wow.  I've bought almost nothing.

@Kachina624 

There was some new stuff, but they also seemed to be clearing out old merchandise too ---an example, like the same ole overpriced Barefoot dream cardigans were presented in what was supposed to be summer wardrobe stuff.....and not even at a greatly reduced price either....With temps already in the 90's we certainly dont need any cardigans for SUMMER......And most offices, stores, and movie theaters get a reduced rate for conserving energy so the A/C's in these places arent very cold in our city....PLUS you got hot air coming in as the automatic doors open and close....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I am still ordering the same amount. I ordered the D & Co. linen blend blue striped pants today and another (yes, another) Isaac pima cotton top. I am addicted.

I am mad at my self for buying the last sketchers TSV because the Q said that they were the original ones and I can assure you that they were not. I am out shipping on both ends. I am not happy. I wouldn't. have ordered them if they were not the exact orginal.