Occasional Contributor

I ordered 2 of the TSV Sunbeam heating pads at the same time on the same day.  Of course they shipped seperately.  I was tracking the shipping and was amazed to find one was out for delivery today!    They both were shipped from California.  I live in Oregon so so one shipped directly from CA to Portland OR.  The other shipped from California to Kentucky and then to Seattle and the tracking info states there is a delay of shipment due to mechanical issues.  I asked the UPS guy today how that happens and he said someone loaded it onto the wrong truck.   I hope my heating pad is enjoying taking the long scenic route and I hope it finds it way to Oregon in the near future.  

Regular Contributor

At this time of the year, all carriers, UPS, Fedex, USPS all have a lot to do. UPS drivers jump out of their trucks and just leave packages on the front steps, Fedex is fair to awful, luckily we do not get that much through them. Yesterday, an Amazon order came, that my dh places with books for me(OUTlander)(shipped from online bookstore in GA.,) special dental floss from New York(for my permanent bridge - in case you are wondering why I need "special " floss? and a pie "taker" for my DH who bakes, from the West Coast. Until DH start ordering from Amazon, I assumed everything was in their big old warehouses.....not so.....Can you imagine how the carriers must love this. Our USPS is a sweetheart. If there is too much to stuff in our curbside box, he walks up to the front door and waits for us to open. (he likes our dog and she likes him too)

In this season of good will(we hope) if your packages are a little late or ship separately, go with  the L. L Bean folks if there is something you can use from them...like one of the beautiful puppies......We all have our hang ups - I cancelled an order for a D&C for a reversible "faux fur" vest because the online receipt showed TAX. WE do not not pay tax on clothing in PA. but she said because it was faux"fur" they had to charge tax. Glad I never bought a DB faux fur coat, just raincoats. Sorry to go on. Have a great day, ladies.