Esteemed Contributor

With a little effort, many items sold here can be tracked down to a competitor's site.  I use free shipping all the time but qvc doesn't offer this very often so I buy less here.  I do agree that the shipping seems high compared to other retailers.  

When I get burned on shipping costs and return fees, I usually avoid shopping at that retailer for a while.  

Honored Contributor

Q charges shipping when you buy.  Q then deducts the shipping cost when you return.  That's a double whammy.   No wonder Q's quarterly reports show shipping as a profit area.  It's also why I think twice, ten times, before i buy anything from Q.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Q charges shipping when you buy.  Q then deducts the shipping cost when you return.  That's a double whammy.   No wonder Q's quarterly reports show shipping as a profit area.  It's also why I think twice, ten times, before i buy anything from Q.

@CalminHeart, It's true that you are charged shipping when you buy but it is not deducted again when you make a return--it is simply not refunded. This is discussed here a lot and you're not the first one to have that misconception.

When you pay $3 S&H for an item of clothing you pay that once. When you make a return you either use the prepaid label of $6.95 or you pay for your own shipping label. If you use the prepaid return label ($6.95), then that plus the $3 S&H that you paid to have the item shipped to your home will be deducted from your return because shipping to you is not refundable (unless there's a defect). There is no double whammy. 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@CalminHeart, It's true that you are charged shipping when you buy but it is not deducted again when you make a return--it is simply not refunded. This is discussed here a lot and you're not the first one to have that misconception.

When you pay $3 S&H for an item of clothing you pay that once. When you make a return you either use the prepaid label of $6.95 or you pay for your own shipping label. If you use the prepaid return label ($6.95), then that plus the $3 S&H that you paid to have the item shipped to your home will be deducted from your return because shipping to you is not refundable (unless there's a defect). There is no double whammy. 

I returned 2 gifts in November.  Shipping was deducted from my return...even though I paid it when purchasing the items.  I don't know why but it showed up on the email.  it wasn't the label amount (I didn't use the Q's label).  All I know is that it was wrong to do.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

I returned 2 gifts in November.  Shipping was deducted from my return...even though I paid it when purchasing the items.  I don't know why but it showed up on the email.  it wasn't the label amount (I didn't use the Q's label).  All I know is that it was wrong to do.

Shipping should be deducted from your return. Once you return something, QVC refunds what you paid minus shipping.

S&H is paid for the round trip--the amount they charge for an item to to be sent to you (generally $3) and the amount it cost for the return. If you paid for the return yourself then the $3 ($5, or whatever the original shipping was) would still be deducted from your refund. They don't charge it twice. 

Let's say I order a jacket that costs $40 + $3 s&h. If tax is 10% (CA) that's a total of $47. Now let's say the item was on 4 easy payments of $11.75 (4 x $11.75 = $47).

If I return the jacket using the $6.95 prepaid return label my refund would be $1.80 (11.75 - $6.95 - $3 = $1.80).

If I return the jacket using my own return label the refund would $8.75 (11.75 - $3 = $8.75). 

The only thing I could think of is that you were charged the $6.95 return fee even though you used your own label, but you said it wasn't the label amount so I'm lost. All I know is you pay once to get it to you and you pay once to return it whether it's the Q's label or your own. Anything else is a mistake and should be taken up with CS. You could even give the mods a shout out right here in this thread and they would look into it for you. They're very helpful.