Visitor

Does anyone else find the shipping costs to be too high?  Why is it that, after an item is returned, I don't even see the original amount of the item refunded?  Customer service has tried to explain it but, as far as it looks, I am paying the original shipping cost twice...once when I order the item, and then it is deducted again, along with the return label amount, when they "refund" my money.  If you look at the original cost of the item, you aren't even getting that amount back.  They told me, for example a Valerie item, that Valerie is getting that original shipping cost.  Has anyone else noticed?  

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately its not just the Q...I ordered a jacket from Woman Within...it cost me $10.00 to get it to me...and then I had to return due to sizing...and it cost me $7.00 to send it back...grand total was $17.00 for the "pleasure" of trying it on...

Honored Contributor

I know everyone complains about the shipping costs but shipping has become really expensive and has gone up again as of Jan 2017!  (Rates Included in link) and we've had back to back increases for a few years now.

Just for general info:

http://www.stamps.com/whitepapers/2017-usps-postage-rate-increase-guide.pdf

QVC does not seem to give "free" shipping often, and shipping an item to you and then back to QVC are two separate events, both requiring a payment to USPS (or UPS) for both services.  When they refund an amount to you for an item you bought and returned, they will deduct the cost of shipping from your refund because shipping is not part of the cost of the item you purchased and returned.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

@auggiedoggy QVC set themselves up for complaints on this, imo. They used to refund the original shipping cost, which hardly any other stores did. They now charge the shipping costs to the buyers, which is what most stores did all along. Just because you return something doesn't mean QVC gets reimbursed by the Post Office or UPS, it's a cost to them, and whether they include it in the price of the item, or show an actual shipping  charge, it's a cost to ship it to your door.
If you send it back, same thing, it costs $$. You aren't paying for shipping twice, you are paying for shipping, period. USPS and UPS don't offer "round trip" pricing like a plane ticket, it's pay per ship.
And yes, it's costly. Shipping charges just went up in January 2017 at USPS and will likely keep going up, not down.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @auggiedoggy If you have questions about your refund please send your Q Account number and order information to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and we will be happy to look into this for you.

Trusted Contributor

i rarely return anything to qvc, and when i do, it's got to be for a very good reason. last christmas, i bought a little surprise gift for my husband which he ended up not liking. i returned it and lost half of the total amount i paid for. that stung. i'll get over it, but i haven't yet. 😅

Respected Contributor

@auggiedoggy wrote:

Does anyone else find the shipping costs to be too high?  Why is it that, after an item is returned, I don't even see the original amount of the item refunded?  Customer service has tried to explain it but, as far as it looks, I am paying the original shipping cost twice...once when I order the item, and then it is deducted again, along with the return label amount, when they "refund" my money.  If you look at the original cost of the item, you aren't even getting that amount back.  They told me, for example a Valerie item, that Valerie is getting that original shipping cost.  Has anyone else noticed?  

It's that way with MOST online ordering.... not just QVC.

Trusted Contributor

Ahh...the reason that I am an Amazon Prime member.  I KNOW that I pay up front, but I purchase the majority of my online items through Amazon. I also watch programming on Amazon Prime using our Roku.  I figure that between orders and TV, movies, original series on Amazon, I am WAY ahead money wise.  I would gladly pay a yearly shipping fee to QVC if it was as resonable.  Right now, my life is too busy for a lot of regular brick and mortar shopping.

Respected Contributor

I agree about Amazon Prime.  Great prices when shopping, Super fast shipping, great customer service and I use the Prime music, movies, and other streaming options.  There is very little I can't find there.  The Q could learn a lot.

Super Contributor

I used to shop a lot at the Q. However, the shipping costs have gotten out of hand. I realize that not all of this is their fault but, like the Q, I have to make financial decisions that benefit me and my family. I still like to see what items on TSVs and special pack ups that are not offered by other vendors. I am more amenable to purchasing if there is free shipping.

Just this past weekend I purchased a KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer from Wayfair. The pack up was exactly the same as the Q and was a little cheaper. However, the clincher was the free shipping at Wayfair and $18.75 shipping here.

I recently purchased the Temptations Baker's Rack here. The shipping was $32. However, I couldn't find a baker's rack that fit my decor and size needs so I bit the bullet and bought it even though the shipping was high.

What this should tell them is that if the item they're selling is desirable enough for me I'll buy it even with the shipping. If I can find it somewhere else at the same or a lower price with no shipping then that's where I'll go.