Respected Contributor

Shipping costs kept me from buying multiples

I was in a shopping mood yesterday.  I was home on a rainy day and watched several of the Valerie Parr Hill Christmas in July shows.  I had 7 different items in my cart, but removed all but 2 when I added up the shipping costs.  With most items charging $5.50 shipping, and the VPH slim tree postage of over $20.00, I decided to hold off.  I have plenty of stores nearby, there certainly isn't a rush to buy C'Mas now, and no shipping charges.  I realized if I did not like the tree when it arrived (many saying it was very glittery), I couldn't justify taking a chance knowing I would lose the $21.20 original shipping charge plus the return charge(which I am sure would have been  substantial) if I did not like it.  I am sure I can find a sliim tree in a store near me where I can see it in person and avoid shipping fees.  I also don't like buying multiples of the same item and paying shipping on each one.  That is crazy as they would probably arrive in one box and the items were not even heavy!  They need to change their shipping policies before I buy items that are expensive to ship. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping costs kept me from buying multiples

On Christmas items when you need more than one, if there is no free shipping it stops me from purchasing any.