Contributor

Shipping cost on Aimee Kestenburg bags

This is the second time I have seen shipping cost on her handbags that are over $10. Don't get me wrong, I love a good leather but on a $41 bum bag on sale the shipping is over $10-hard pass. Getting ridiculous.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping cost on Aimee Kestenburg bags

@findingnemo wrote:
This is the second time I have seen shipping cost on her handbags that are over $10. Don't get me wrong, I love a good leather but on a $41 bum bag on sale the shipping is over $10-hard pass. Getting ridiculous.

I think if you watch the handbag shows, you will notice that $10 plus is not unusual for the better handbags.

Trusted Contributor

I agree. I’ve seen it a couple times myself. Might as well buy your handbag in a store or online with free shipping.
Trusted Contributor

@RescueLover wrote:
I agree. I’ve seen it a couple times myself. Might as well buy your handbag in a store or online with free shipping.

I've been noticing the high shipping costs too.  It's not really much of a sale price whenever they tack on that big charge.  They're doing the same with some shoes too.  A lot of these items used to carry free shipping even when on sale.  😣 

Respected Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@RescueLover wrote:

I've been noticing the high shipping costs too.  It's not really much of a sale price whenever they tack on that big charge.  They're doing the same with some shoes too.  A lot of these items used to carry free shipping even when on sale.  😣 

I've noticed some Dooney bags have a $15ish shipping charge. 

Honored Contributor

Shipping costs on the better handbags are always around $10 to $12 believe.  Which is in line with the major department stores.  I think a dollar or two cheaper.  It's been like that forever.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Leather  Handbags should be wrapped , esp hardware and placed in a  plastic bag   then in a box so they are not  smashed during shipping .

QVC  has been shipping   the nylon bags  in the plastic bags .

So, if they are being  shipped properly, the fee  is  likely why it's $10-$12

Honored Contributor

@findingnemo wrote:

I wouldn't buy it either with that shipping cost, especially for a $41 bag. There are a lot of retailers who don't charge shipping. Shop around. You may find it or something else you like better.

Honored Contributor

@findingnemo 

Shipping charges on handbags have been high for a VERY long, long time.

It is nothing new.

Only on free shipping days would I even consider a purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

There is a lot of protective wrapping in good quality hand bags. The inner stuffing, plastic around the handles & protection over the hardware, tissue around the zipper pulls etc. Plastic & paper are pricey & add to weight, perhaps. It’s actually annoying unpacking a handbag but I’m glad in the long run that the bag was protected.