Super Contributor

@Coin Pony wrote:

I bought Susan Graver A-221327. Look at what this cost me to return. 

Item cost = $ 52.50

S+H = $3.00

Tax = $4.16

Total cost to me = $59.66

Then, I returned the top using the slip inside bag supplied by QVC.

I was refunded $49.71

It cost me $9.95 to return it. (one top) Yikes.

I ordered 2, different colors and different orders so I paid out to QVC, $19.90 for nothing at all.

I had to think this one through. It seems confusing, but you paid $3.00 to have them ship it to you and they don't refund that any more. You chose to use their insured return and that cost you $6.95.

So it cost $9.95 to have them ship it to you AND for you to send it back. Two trips, two costs with UPS or USMail. How much would you have spent to drive to the store and back? I would have spent $4.00 driving to the mall and back to make the purchase, and then another $4 driving back to return it. Same difference.

Honored Contributor
We'll never know this for sure, but l suspect the Q is losing a lot of business to HSN, which still refunds the original shipping charges on returns. And they offer better sales, and customer incentives.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Contributor

They had us fooled thinking they were saving the customers money for shipping but what they did was screw us over.  I returned three items the other day and paid my own shipping which was $6.90, plus I will not be refunded the $3.00 for each item that I paid for original shipping, so I am out $15.90 and for what, nothing. I am done with QVC clothing.  I will find good deals and good if not better quality items on other sites and get free shipping and free returns at the same time.

Contributor

If you can go to the Post Office then do it, you will pay the same $3.00 it cost them to ship to you.

Contributor

Finally what the new shipping charges are doing is making me think twice about ordering a second or third item.  When shipping charges were half off the second item, I'd often think, "What the heck--why not if it saves me 3 or 4 bucks!"  Now I'm less inclined to automatically order a second or third item.  Also, when I receive four t-shirts in a bag that basically cost QVC the same amount to ship as ONE would have cost, I find myself resenting that I paid TWELVE DOLLARS for shipping @ $3 each.   Just ordered a set of Lock and Lock containers (fairly pricey to begin with) and shipping was $5.  I probably would have ordered a second set if shipping for that had been $2.50.  I know, not a huge difference, but in my head the total of $10 for shipping is a lot more than $7.50.  And don't even get me started on their return shipping labels, which, at $6.95 are no bargain at all.

Respected Contributor

Hello, Carol08 and welcome. Smiley Happy

Is it a Liz Clairborne shirt? If that's the item, I just checked it and the shipping for it is $3.00. It might've been an error that they corrected.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor

This is the very reason that I won't order too much from QVC anymore...especially clothing.  The sizes are too inconsistent.  It was bad enough having to send some things back, but the added charge just puts it over what I can accept as reasonable.

I ordered a small ring, a few months ago.  I wasn't happy with the way it was made, but wasn't sure if it would have qualifed as defective.  It was only $30, but would have cost me $10 to return.  I ended up keeping it.

The only other two orders I have placed, since this new policy went into affect were for Lock & Lock items that I couldn't get retail.

If I see that a clothing show is on, I just keep channel surfing.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

I think A....is sneakier than QVC.  
"Free" shipping as long as you pay $99 upfront, but if you don't buy much, that's easily more than the Q's costs.  I don't care to stream movies or listen to my music via their Prime, so I have to rely on "free" shipping over $35, but if something costs less than that, I either have to add to thier sales tally by buying something I really don't want at the time or paying the shipping.

Truly, they are not all that much cheaper than QVC FOR THE SAME SERVICES which is the only fair comparison.  I buy from both companies, but it's the products that make my decisions, not the shipping policies.

Highlighted

QVC return shipping charges are a joke.  They charge you for using their label plus the original shipping and handling.  They encourage you to use their label bc of it's ease but what they don't tell you is that you have to pay extra for it.  Read the fine print on using the QVC return label.   Ridiculous!! 

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:
On 4/8/2015 Coin Pony said:

I bought Susan Graver A-221327. Look at what this cost me to return. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Item cost = $ 52.50

S+H = $3.00

Tax = $4.16

Total cost to me = $59.66

Then, I returned the top using the slip inside bag supplied by QVC.

I was refunded $49.71

It cost me $9.95 to return it. (one top) Yikes.

I ordered 2, different colors and different orders so I paid out to QVC, $19.90 for nothing at all.

I would have shipped them back in the same bag, then you'd only pay $6.95 once.

No, that's not true.  They would have charged you $6.95 for each item you returned  --  $6.95 * 2 = $13.90.