Super Contributor

Shipping anything chocolate to Southern States

Once again,a shipping problem with QVC . They always say they will not ship chocolate in the summer.  Hello Q, what about South Florida.  Yesterday 85 degrees. Received Germack chocolate/peanut butter  (3 jars) all melted. Called cs got a refund. Last year I ordered apples, same thing happened. Did they not hear about dry ice.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping anything chocolate to Southern States

My sister lives in Jax & she also ordered the Germack a month or so ago. The chocolate was all melted & everything was all stuck together in a big chunk of melted goo. She also got a refund. She said her order was sitting some place hot all weekend. Q should only ship products like this on a Mon so they are received during the week.

Respected Contributor

You know, sometimes common sense and a sense of responsibility goes a long way.  If you know your temps are in the high 80s, don't buy chocolate.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You live in an area that needs to follow Summer shipping guidelines all year round. QVC doesn't offer a dry ice shipping option & you knew that up front. Companies rely on customers using common sense, if you need dry ice & you do, then buy from a business that offers the option & pay for it. This isn't a QVC shipping problem at all...Germack has a website, see if they can meet your shipping needs.

Super Contributor

I live in Florida and always request the latest December ship date available.

Personal responsibility is a thing of the past.

Super Contributor

@kitkat51

Sorry I don't have any common sense. I just assumed the chocolate wasn't,that plentiful.

Guess I should not have assumed.

Respected Contributor

I have no idea what your reply means or if it's meant for me. Yes common sense is needed, you can't ship chocolate in heat. Like I mentioned you can contact Germack to see if they can pack your order in dry ice for an additional cost, they are located in MI.