Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping Prices Going Up!

QVC is so slow to react.   When other online retailers saw the  price of shipping go up, they offered alternatives.   Didn't QVC offer lower shipping with a combined order?    Do they still do that?  if you are a big QVC shopper, can't they do something like Amazon Prime?   QVC could offer something as a perk for loyal customers who are frequent shoppers.    QVC is tone deaf on this subject.

@Hot Street wrote:

Noticed a few shipping prices increasing.  Some from $5 to $5.50, $3 to $3.50.

It kind of stinks since we never get coupons.   They seem to raise prices and then offer easy pay.  Big deal!

Contributor

I agree with you. I get coupons from HSN quite a bit. Woman within and Roamans now have free returns (just started recently). I also get Champion/free shipping offers....Hanes/free shipping orders....LL Bean and Cabelas often have free shipping and many others. QVC does not offer much to us consumers. Gee I even get free samples of stuff in my HSN orders, samples of clothes detergent....fruit and nut bars....etc. And at HSN when you send something back they add part of the S&H to your spendable Kash. Another thing is QVC is going the designer route....and I am dissappointed in that. Over priced...I find D&Co reasonable now but I do notice their prices are rising a bit. Graver prices have escalated quite a bit. I liked the old QVC much better. Halston, Rinna, dooney&burke, Laurie Goldstein, Wen, Judith Ripka, Philosopy, GILI and a few others...ridicuosly OVER PRICED. Valerie Parr Hills stuff is nicely priced even Bob Mackie is not too bad with pricing. Geez, sorry I went off on this long tangent. I will say they are losing me slowly here, I am doing less shopping here. Well Happy Sunday all. Hagd. PS....QVC is killing me with Dyson product...same stuff over and over

Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Since all shippers have raised prices, what did you think would happen?

Shipping is expensive.  When is the last time you tried to ship a package across the country?  I guarantee you paid a lot more than what QVC charges.

Shipping is a part of online shopping.  It costs to send things to your house.  Some retailers build the shipping charges into their prices, and then require minimums to get "free" shipping which only results in shopper buying more than they planned.

Some online retailers will offer FREE shipping.  Not everyone is raising rates on shipping.  I get free shipping all the time from a particular retailer. 

Honored Contributor

@HB glamma  I don't  I know how true it is, but I read somewhere, probably on these boards that the Q and Evine balance their budget on what they charge for S&H and returns.