Trusted Contributor

Noticed a few shipping prices increasing.  Some from $5 to $5.50, $3 to $3.50.

It kind of stinks since we never get coupons.   They seem to raise prices and then offer easy pay.  Big deal!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shipping Prices Going Up!

Since all shippers have raised prices, what did you think would happen?

Shipping is expensive.  When is the last time you tried to ship a package across the country?  I guarantee you paid a lot more than what QVC charges.

Shipping is a part of online shopping.  It costs to send things to your house.  Some retailers build the shipping charges into their prices, and then require minimums to get "free" shipping which only results in shopper buying more than they planned.

Valued Contributor

@KYToby 

I am thinking you must work for QVC as you constantly defend their high shipping costs on these boards.

Plenty of big retailers ship for FREE!  No "higher costs" built into their products.

QVC pricing is over the top high anyway...no bargains + high shipping=QVC!!

Trusted Contributor

I get tons of coupons from HSN, Barnes & Noble and other retailers that help defray some of the costs.   QVC doesn't do that.

But, thanks for defending the retailers.   They have enjoyed a lot of income with online shopping.  I'm not worried about their bottom line.

Occasional Contributor

easy pays can ruin ya, more for them till you see your bill, then they wonder why you can't pay

Respected Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Since all shippers have raised prices, what did you think would happen?

Shipping is expensive.  When is the last time you tried to ship a package across the country?  I guarantee you paid a lot more than what QVC charges.

Shipping is a part of online shopping.  It costs to send things to your house.  Some retailers build the shipping charges into their prices, and then require minimums to get "free" shipping which only results in shopper buying more than they planned.

I have shipped across country and have found QVC to be higher than UPS, USPS, and FedEX in most cases.  Luckily, HSN, AMAZON Prime (which we use for many of their services so it's worth paying a yearly fee), and even EVINE offer free shipping far more often then the Q.  The length of time it takes to get an item to my home from the Q averages 5 days longer than anyone else.  Not worth shopping with the Q for those reasons.

Honored Contributor

What works well for one doesn't work for all.

Prime COST me extra money when I paid for it.  I'm sure that's because once I watched the back episodes of Downton Abbey, I'd missed, I couldn't find anything to use them for. 

Evine doesn't sell what I buy from QVC.  I already barely use QVC for clothing, shoes, and jewelry (actually from no one)

And with the new shipping costs - even if they go up .50 on what I buy, I'll still be ahead of where I was under the previous shipping plan.  Much cheaper than it used to be.

?for @brandiwine  You say UPS is cheaper than QVC -  is that coming or going?  It's certainly not any cheaper to use UPS when I want to mail a package of my own unless I already have a box and other packing materials in the house - QVC pays for those when they send me packages and I use them when I return things, however I do the return. 

Super Contributor

It's all about greed and the free market.  If people continue to buy they will continue to raise prices.

Personally, I have really slashed my QVC shopping because I can shop with a million other online stores and get everything shipped for free.  I rarely buy if I have to pay for shipping.  I just received three pairs of boots/shoes from DSW today---all shipped for free.  I would have paid close to $30 in shipping charges if I ordered from QVC.  Preposterous. 

Honored Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

@KYToby 

I am thinking you must work for QVC as you constantly defend their high shipping costs on these boards.

Plenty of big retailers ship for FREE!  No "higher costs" built into their products.

I agree, this poster just seems to lie in wait for a critical post and then  administers a scolding reply. I like QVC and shop here often, but if I get a better deal on price ,shipping or both why on earth would  I pay more ?? 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

@KYToby 

Yes, the higher costs are factored in somewhere.  They wouldn't be able to make a profit if they didn't because B&M stores can't do the volume like a shopping network can.

*Call Tyrone*