Trusted Contributor

This has probably been discussed before.  I feel one of the main reasons QVC may have had dwindling sales has to do with shipping.

From order to home delivery for me takes at least a week.  And shipping costs are annoying, especially with so many businesses offering free shipping.

QVC should be more creative.  If a customer spends $100 or more, shipping should be free.

There should be "sales" events more often with free or significantly reduced shipping.

I looked at a handbag online, and the $10 shipping made me look elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping Issues

[ Edited ]

Susan,I can spend $3..00 or even less and have my order at my door in the morning from other companies.

Meanwhile the Q has lost my $125.00 pkg and now I have to wait (how long) for credit!!!! 

and.............had to come bk to edit!!!.................I get instant refund ,if I do not get my order,which RARELY happens!!!!!

plus  no need to prove anything as if I was lying!!!!.........

Respected Contributor

The QVC shipping is troubling, especially given the free shipping trend in online businesses.

When I looked at HSN's value of the day yesterday, I was blown away that shipping was just $5.00 for a 27-pound item, and waived completely if you bought $99+ in home storage products, I believe. That's very appealing.

I love Jet, in part because of their $35 threshold for free shipping. They'll sometimes discount your order further if you waive their committed two-day delivery window. I've bought 80+ pounds of cat litter at a time from them, just meeting that $35 minimum, for no shipping surcharge. Their new parent company, Walmart, has just lowered its minimum to $35 as well, and amazingly Amazon has lowered its free shipping minimum for non-Prime members from about $50 back down to $35.

Other companies regularly run free shipping or lower minimum order promotions as incentives, like Corelle, Mead, and elf and other beauty companies. Those are just the firms I get emails from; I'm sure this is widespread.  It would be nice if the Q got in on this trend. WE'RE SHOPPING TOTAL PRICE, QVC!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping Issues

[ Edited ]

I placed an order for the first time a few days ago. First one since Dec.  I am ready to just cancel it. In process for 3 days????

I ordered a clock last Monday from another company and it was delivered on Thursday.  Free Shipping.

Valued Contributor

I recently placed 3 orders for items that were light-weight.  The total shipping for all 3 was $16.50.  I had to cancel my orders, because this was way too high.  I keep getting emails from other sites that offer much lower shipping rates.  QVC is losing many good customers - not only because of the shipping rates, but because of the slow shipping speed........or not being able to fulfill the orders.  So many products are put on backorder, and you don't know if or when you might or might not get the items.

Trusted Contributor

Here's a different wrinkle—I just received a delivery yesterday for an item that is still showing "in process" today! How'd they do that? Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

Many companies do have free shipping and free return shipping; however, J Jill and Chadwick's of Boston to name a few have very high shipping rates - ridiculously so.

Respected Contributor

I've ordered a electric scooter, bar stools, and recently a futon....all free shipping.  Not only that, I received the scooter and bar stools in three days.  The futon took 5 days I think.  HSN ALWAYS has better shipping.  Often offering free.  HSN also offers a lot more flex pay options.  A couple of years ago I purchased a bike for my daughter (good size/medium) on line from Toys R Us.  I don't remember the cost of shipping, but I do recall I was surprised at how low it was because of it being so big and heavy and saying to myself, "Wow, that's cheaper than paying for shipping on a handbag from QVC."

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I agree the shipping at the Q is out of hand, but there are items I do not mind paying extra shipping when I want/need the item, what infuriates me in the length of time to get the product, mine when it starts out UPS and then is transferred to Post Office I average 8 business days, and forget it if a weekend falls in that time frame, that holds it up even longer!

And why does credits take forever?  My last credit did not show up for 5 business days (and it was the Q's fault, they charged my card twice) the last time.  I called our prescription drug company when they incorrectly charged my card last week, and I kid you not we had the credit within 1/2 hour, still scratching my head at this one?

Honored Contributor

I considered, briefly, buying a polyester scarf at Belk's last week for $21., until I discovered the shipping would be $9.  They could have put that puppy in an envelope and sent it like a letter it was so lightweight. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment