Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping - I hope I have now learned a lesson

We are learning the same lesson. S&H just to much to pay. Makes all buy less.

Honored Contributor

Even  a lightweight cosmetic costs close to $10. to return even if you don't use the Q label.   Postage, insurance and you don't get the $3.00 original shipping cost refunded.  I am trying to be much more selective.  If I can find the same cosmetic item elsewhere, that is where I buy it.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Millieshops. I too have cut way down on what I am ordering for the same resons.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm with you OP.  I returned an item and got fleeced for shipping even though I paid the return shipping. I get what they did but still think it's wrong.  It left a really bad taste in my mouth.  

I recall that one of Q's financial reports showed something about increased earnings from shipping costs while earnings from several lines were down.  This could be from a while back, I can't remember.

From now on, I will buy from Q as a last resort because most things can be found elsewhere for less and with free and fast shipping and free returns.

Contributor

I don't buy as much as I used to due to the excessive shipping costs.  If they are not having free shipping or $3 then I ususally don't buy it.  I would rather have free shipping than the easy pay (I never use that).  I was astonished when I first started purchasing from QVC that they charged shipping "PER ITEM" not per order!!!  Most other large companies have FREE shipping if the order is over $50-75.  QVC is making a killing off of shipping!!!  Also the free exchange is a joke.  I have had to call everytime because it has been refunded and not exchanged which I clearly marked on the return order form.

Honored Contributor

I recently learned my lesson as well.  I purchased an inexpensive D and C top, which I rarely wear that brand. I wanted something casual for home....it fit NOTHING like the photo and I purchased according to my measurements....it was awful, sent it back.  Next time I will shop Macy's for something like that.

Honored Contributor

I ordered 3 VPH decor items.  Now that I'm going to use them I realize that I am disappointed in two   I have them set to return tomorrow or Saturday.    Next time I'm tempted, I will try to remember that shopping locally is much better--cheaper and you can actually see the item in person and returns are easy and free.  In addition to their shipping labels each was $5.50 to ship to me so that is $11.00 more lost.  Lesson learned.