Valued Contributor

Shipping - I hope I have now learned a lesson

I hope that I have finally learned a lesson when it comes to ordering, and being more selective. I don't really return much, but even the little I do return, really adds up.

I ordered a purse A296831 and I was pretty certain I would like it. But the shipping to me was $11.22. . That should have been my first indication to - just say no . The purse came (in black) and it just didn't wow me.

The purse in the box weighed about 2 pounds but the shipping was $11.22!!!!!

By the time I paid return shipping, I spent  $20 to look at a purse!

Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping - I hope I have now learned a lesson

@QPrincess wrote:

I hope that I have finally learned a lesson when it comes to ordering, and being more selective. I don't really return much, but even the little I do return, really adds up.

I ordered a purse A296831 and I was pretty certain I would like it. But the shipping to me was $11.22. . That should have been my first indication to - just say no . The purse came (in black) and it just didn't wow me.

The purse in the box weighed about 2 pounds but the shipping was $11.22!!!!!

By the time I paid return shipping, I spent  $20 to look at a purse!

Yep!  Shopping here is so much fun now!  Wait until they cancel a large order and tell you that you did it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yep is also the word that came to my mind.  I paid $10 to look at a Breeze bra.  Used to love one style - but they discontinued it - so ordered one of their new styles - looked at it - packed it up - and spent $6.95 to return..............never to order again.

Trusted Contributor

I have eperienced the exact same. 

I also recently felt duped by QVC first time ever. I purchased a handbag earlier this summer, a leather one more expensive than I have ever paid for a handbag. I watched it a neumber of times before purchasing. It was described each time as " new this season". Within about 6 to eight weeks it was marked clearance and the price dropped about $100. I have purchaed many new and clearance items, but had never bought something that went on clearance that quickly that was said to be new. Good for those who got ythe price reduction but i felt duped.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so careful and yet at times I get something that really is not quite right for me.  The shipping is so high that keeping it usually is my only option.  Perhaps that is why I order less and less. 

Honored Contributor

@webbgarner1I swear that's the new reality of retailing -  shoppers want new and different as much as possible so anything new goes on sale really fast.  I know QVC didn't do it that way much in the past, but now if they don't, people complain and go elsewhere.

What really makes me angry with myself is buying something pretty much because it's on sale and then not getting much use out of it.  I've done that way too often -  I just can't even count the number of "great buys" I've made that are really expensive once I realize how little use I've made of them. 

Once I have something and am actually using it, I really try not to be constantly checking myself.  I buy far fewer things than I used to and I've been saving more that way. 

Esteemed Contributor

I hear what you're saying, because I learned it too a couple of years ago. It hits you when you realize that you just paid $7/$11 (whatever it is) to try on an item or just look at it and realize it's not for you - and that's on top of shipping fees you already may have paid to receive the item. There are just too many great B&M stores, plus online stores that will ship for free or don't charge to return an item. Live and learn - we all do it!

Super Contributor

I have noticed that most of the tops I have ordered from the Q I rarely wear. I do well with the bottoms I order though. Makes we stop and think before ordering a top.

Valued Contributor

I am going to be more selective with what I buy because I am finding multiple packages with multiple return labels at $6.95 each for items from one order.  Two tees with free s&h cost half a tank of gas to return!  Back to b&m and it will get me walking rather than sitting.  Shipping not only from QVC has gone up a lot in the last few years and sending stuff is getting too expensive....buying less and less.

Contributor

I agree - just spent almost 12.00 to try on a pair of shoes.