Valued Contributor

Shipping Fees - BE CAREFUL!!!!

[ Edited ]

Be very careful when checking out your order.  I noticed this evening that the order of the shipping options has been reversed.  It used to be that first there was standard shipping then the other 2 options, now standard shipping appears third.  Why would you list standard as the 3rd option, so that you can catch unwilling customers selecting premium when they think it's standard because they didn't realize you changed the order?  Very sneaky QVC, very sneaky. 

FALSE ALARM???  Just placed another order and things seem to be back to  normal. @12:25 a.m. EST.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping Fees - BE CAREFUL!!!!

@Snowhite714- I'm a bit confused by your post.  Are you saying that QVC no longer applies the standard shipping to an order unless you select it?

If they still apply standard shipping, unless you choose a different option, I'm not sure what the problem is?  And do they not list the cost against each option?  

I haven't ordered anything tonight, so I haven't seen any change, but I can't see that changing the order is sneaky unless they've also changed how they apply it.  Woman Frustrated

Valued Contributor

@Venezia My concern is that we are used to standard shipping appearing first as the default option, but now if you don't read carefully and you don't see the first option checked you'll check it thinking that it's standard shipping, when in reality it's premium shipping which costs significantly more.  

My hope is that this post will alert unsuspecting customers of the change. 

Hopefully this clears up your confusion.

Respected Contributor

I just tried to order something to check it out, and the first option was the normal shipping.  It didn't default to express or the more expensive shipping options. 

That is strange that it shows differently on mine then yours.  

By any chance did you use express or fast shipping last time?  Maybe it defaults to the last choice of shipping options?

Either way, whenever I see the shipping costs, I have to figure it into the overall cost, so I'm sure to get the lowest shipping, even if I have to choose it, but it pays to check before hitting "place an order".  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714- I just put something into my cart and went to checkout.  It automatically selected "Standard Shipping" (so the lowest cost).

When I clicked on "Edit" it showed me three choices in this order:  Standard Shipping, Express Shipping, Premium Shipping and showed the cost against each.

So there hasn't been any change that I'm seeing on my computer.  It seems odd it would only change it for some customers and not others.

And, again, as long as it automatically applies the lowest shipping cost (unless you specifically change it), I don't see anything sneaky about it.  If they were applying premium shipping charges and you had to edit that, then I'd understand the problem.

Honored Contributor

I see no change.  Things as usual.