Contributor

Anyone have experience with the shipment of Harry Slatkin candles?  I decided to buy several of his candles and I know his candles are higer quality - but yea gads - what justifies $7.50 for shipping?  And $6.50 is considered reduced shipping?  Shipping for three products can be the price of one additional candle.  Am I cheap?  Have I been living in a cave?  May as well go to the mall with a mask to the "YC" store.  Anywho, Happy Holidays Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@CindyStLouWho 

If you want to avoid the mall, BBB carries a nice selection of Yankee candles, usually some scents on sale and you can use their 20% off coupons.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Harry uses those thick heavy glass containers.  That's where your shipping cost is needed. I'd buy elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@CindyStLouWho wrote:

Anyone have experience with the shipment of Harry Slatkin candles?  I decided to buy several of his candles and I know his candles are higer quality - but yea gads - what justifies $7.50 for shipping?  And $6.50 is considered reduced shipping?  Shipping for three products can be the price of one additional candle.  Am I cheap?  Have I been living in a cave?  May as well go to the mall with a mask to the "YC" store.  Anywho, Happy Holidays Smiley Happy

@CindyStLouWho I just watched the show last hour and cannot believe they didn't offer free shipping on the TSV.  They offered it on the black Friday special candle but not on the special of the day.  To add insult to injury they only reduced shipping $1.00. Really??

Esteemed Contributor

@CindyStLouWho wrote:

Likely because they are heavy and require alot of extra packing . I found that Ebay sellers added so much extra onto their shipping  charges supposedly for packing material cost .

Respected Contributor

I know the Q gets discounts on their shipping because of their volume but whenever I have to ship something via USPS or UPS or Fed Ex, I can’t believe how expensive it is now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping Costs

[ Edited ]

I have ordered the Slatkin candles and love their scents...but have never been able to get all three wicks to burn at the same time, so they are a no-go for me. I have never paid that much for shipping for them from QVC, but I think it was $5.50 which was bad enough. Buying candles in person is the best way to go for me unless the shipping is free. QVC should just roll the shipping fee into the price of their products like other retailers do....can't imagine why they haven't done this after all these years. Are Slatkin candles sold anywhere in stores? 

Contributor

Hello!  I am compelled to send a VERY delayed follow up message.  After using the Slatkin candles, I must say, the aroma is really nice, lingers in the air for several days after use and I get compliments from visitors in my home.  However, I have also noticed that the candles are available elsewhere, with limited options at Kohl's.  Regarding the HomeWorx website...Shipping is WORSE - highway robbery -  with $14.25 for one $25.00 candle! Whew.  It's all about priorities for spending disposable income and for me, I can watch for QVC specials, but in the meantime shop at local boutiques.  I'd rather spend my money to support local businesses.  Enough said about this.  

Esteemed Contributor

The shipping often makes me not purchase.