Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Ship it or let me cancel it!

Happygal...I think the difference is they added "preparing your order" to delay/extend the shipping time in addition to "in process.".  They never used to even have that one before Covid that I ever noticed.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Super Contributor

I will add my name to the growing list of dissatisfied customers who have been impacted by slow shipping! I haven't really experienced bad delays until this point. Placed an order for KG top on July 6. The order status has not changed since then.  I received an email today apologizing for the delay and that the estmated delivery date is now July 21. Granted, not as long as others have waited, but still unacceptable for  a large multi million dollar company. If other mass retailers are able to ship within 3-4 days then so should QVC/Qurate. Others have merchandise shipped from overseas and still don't have the shipping issues Q has. I will no longer accept excuses about warehouse reorganization, USPS or pandemic issues, this is poor business practice and organization through and through.  As some have suggested it may be better to contact corporate, and I will. I just needed to vent. Apparently it is too much to ask QVC/Qurate to provide HONEST and timely admission and communication about the seemingly internal mismanagement of the ordering and shipping processes.

Super Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@cosmic1 wrote:
I was just checking on an order that was in California since 7/2 with no additional updates. Yesterday it was updated that a train derailment caused my packages to be delayed. Now, they are pretty close, so it should be in the next couple of days.

The train derailment was a first though. Lol.

@cosmic1 

What's going on? A few weeks ago, someone said UPS informed her of a delay because of a train derailment.  

Did they fix the track?

Trains do carry truck trailers, but this is a bit much. Is UPS going to use train derailment every time a package is delayed?  

That was me! I was tracking my purchase and all of a sudden - after two weeks - the tracking said that there was a train derailment. I had never seen this before and found it a little funny. I can't believe that another train derailed!

Respected Contributor

All our orders were on the same train!

My orders came today and were none the worse for wear.
Super Contributor

Ironically, after sending an email, i received an email apology. Shortly thereafter i received a separate email that said my order was shipped today. While I am grateful, waiting three weeks or more for an order to be prepared, processed and shipped takes the "Covenience" out of the company name for now. It seems in many cases one must plan purchases at least three weeks in advance. I hope the order process from start to delivery really does become as convenient as it once was! 

Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

Maizey, your post could have been written by me and I totally agree with everything you've said. I ordered something a couple weeks ago; when it didn't ship within a few days, I decided that I really didn't need it that much. I was not able to cancel it. This is the second time this has happened to me. I remember when you used to have a period of time after you placed an order to cancel it if you decided you didn't want/need it. I don't like being held hostage like this. Fortunately, it shipped the other day, but it will probably still take a week to get here. I could probably drive to QVC, get the item, and be home faster than it takes for UPS/Post Office to deliver it.

I get the excuses for not shipping...to a point. Yes, covid did (and maybe still does) impact shipping. So do staffing issues. But I just placed an order for some Andrew Lessman vitamins through his Procaps Labs site and it literally shipped the same day I ordered it. Of course, I don't have control over which carrier they use and all the pitfalls it may encounter while enroute to me, but seriously. Even with that, it still gets to me faster than it takes QVC to even ship out my item.

P.S. I never got a "we are so sorry" e-mail. Smiley LOL

Sorry about the spoiler bars. I hit the "insert spoiler tag" by mistake...twice. 

Spoiler