Trusted Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

I have an uncommon name which I hated mostly because I always have to  spell it and it gets mispronounced all the time. My sibling has a common name and I could never understand why they would do that to me.

As I got older, I learned to accept it and now I like it because it's uncommon but elegant. However, I plan to give my kids sophisticated, easy to pronounce and spell common names. 

I'm not the critical type, but that name is not one I would choose. IMO it's not a nice sounding name and seems like they're trying to aspire to some kind of celebrity status. Jude is just not a pretty name and while Jagger is a bit nicer, IMO this child will be confused for being a boy on paper for the rest of her life.

Maybe that would be OK or easier if the child was born to people in show business but IMO she's not so it's going to be weird from now on calling a little baby that name and hopefully once she's older it will get easier.

But a newborn with that name? I find it pretty harsh.

——

Ouch— My given name is Jude.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

Perhaps Shawn and Joe are Mick Jagger and Beatles' fanatics....hence, Jagger and "Hey Jude".  Just a guess!