I haven't found where you explain the baby's name, but I think it's wonderful you were willing to adopt. There are many children needing loving parents and with the care you show others your baby is so lucky. Congratulations!

Honored Contributor

Shawn has been posting on her Facebook page.

Respected Contributor

Why do you think Shawn has to explain the name she chose?

Respected Contributor

Re: Shawns new family

[ Edited ]

@makena wrote:

I have a feeling she just means how did you chose her name. It is always interesting to hear how people decided on the name for their children and especially if it is unusual. Like for instance is it a family name or after someone or just one you made up. Like for instance all of my cousins on one side of my family named their boys after Great Great Grandfathers who settled the original farm homestead back in the 1800s' .

Respected Contributor

@makena wrote:

Wow, defensive!

That child is going to have to explain her name ALL her life.  Something parents should consider when naming a child.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@makena wrote:

Wow, defensive!

That child is going to have to explain her name ALL her life.  Something parents should consider when naming a child.

Hyacinth

I aksed a question.  Nothing defensive about that. 

Trusted Contributor
Hyacinth is correct, parents who couldn't wait to have a baby didn't even consider the little girls life ahead having to contantly explain her name, burdening her with people mispronouncing it, and spelling it every time she says her name. Why are parents so selfish?
Trusted Contributor

What is her name?

Valued Contributor

@Silver Fox1 The baby's name is Jagger...

Trusted Contributor

I was given an uncommon name, that could be spelled different ways, that wasn't gender-specific, either. Spent my entire life repeating it, spelling it,.getting asked if it was "short" for something .