Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shawns behavior on air 9/16

@Steeler 20 wrote:

how do you know Shawn is the top seller on QVC. Find that hard to believe, she has lost a lot of audience.

I agree, @Steeler 20. There are more professional hosts that know how to sell than Shawn. Just b/c a host puts on a "show" doesn't mean anything.

I looked at JRT tonight selling shoes and bringing in all the camera men. Jane is very competitive and is not letting anybody get ahead of her.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stewmagoo wrote:

I do not usually make a stink about this but I am now. Legacy leggings were just on. During the presentation, shawn decided she needed to buy a pair, she wanted the animal print and she asked someone there to purchase a pair for her in small. The answer she got from who she was asking did not seem to answer her clearly as confusion erupted until it was clear to her that they were available and he would place the order for her. This is so unprofessional....they should be aware of their line up before they come on air to present. Buy your stuff ahead of time or wait until the customers are done doing their shopping. I do not know why it got to me tonite but finally ....it has. It just happened about 10 or 15 minutes ago. QVC...heads up....not professional.

--------------------------

I am happy for Shawn and her new family, but I cannot watch her presentations! When I have seen her shows, she always goes off on a tangent and is so scatterbrained!!  

So I do what many posters suggest/demand....turn off the channel. There are several hosts - new and tenured - and some vendors that I just do not watch. Just not the type of TV show I want to spend my time on....

Frequent Contributor

I just watched the video, it is still up if you search Legacy Leggings, how awkward! I sometimes think this is a sales ploy but the amount of time this took plus the look she gave the camera when "Frank" wasn't answering he quickly enough was just awkward.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gram W

@Gram W wrote:

Many of the hosts have done this during the shows for quite some time.  Years ago I think I remember the hosts saying they could not place personal purchases until after the products had been presented and they were off the air. Customers used to come first.  My memory may be wrong but I don't think so.

You are right, I remember the same.  The host used to be nice sales people, now they are like best friends or enemies, so much criticizing.  I don,t care who is hosting, I buy just the cosmetics or hair products from my favorite vendors.  No more clothes, jewelry or shoes..  

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

When the OTO Barefoot Dreams coat came on Shawn wanted the extra small and it sold out really quickly and she had a tantrum as she couldn't get one and kept pouting until the vendor assured her she would get one for her! Very unprofessional as what about the customers who maybe wanted one too! I always thought the hosts could not order while the item was being presented but I guess things have changed! QVC is not what is used to be!

Respected Contributor

I was curious enough to watch the video. That conversation with her producer Frank certainly broke any connection she and the vendor had with the viewers. It felt like I was eavesdropping on a testy phone call. I agree that the vendor did a great job. Returning to job hiccup maybe? It's always a bit tough getting into the swing of things after being gone from one's job on an extended break. I imagine if management isn't pleased with this presentation, she'll hear about it.

Frequent Contributor

On the OTO cardigan it is 100% polyester and the Today's Special was 78% nylon and 22% rayon so it would have been nice if the vendor had stated that as the quality is obviously not the same. Also thought the vendor was a little ditzy as with the high prices of Barefoot Dreams they should have someone a little more professional to present it!

Esteemed Contributor

I was channel surfing and caught that business with her with the Barefoot Dreams coat. Not only was it childish but I thought it surely was a sales ploy because she was whining about the x-small. The XTRA-SMALL? Maybe an x-small if it was Amy. Surely she wouldn't be ordering that size for herself would she? I realize she's not heavy by any stretch of the imagination but isn't she a pretty big girl? Frame wise? As in slender but tall & broad shouldered?

Esteemed Contributor

@Bangor wrote:

When the OTO Barefoot Dreams coat came on Shawn wanted the extra small and it sold out really quickly and she had a tantrum as she couldn't get one and kept pouting until the vendor assured her she would get one for her! Very unprofessional as what about the customers who maybe wanted one too! I always thought the hosts could not order while the item was being presented but I guess things have changed! QVC is not what is used to be!

You actually fell for that sales tactic?

You honestly thought that she actually really was trying to get one for herself?

lol.

And that's why they "try to buy one" while on air, folks.

Because apparently it works.

People actually fall for that sales gimmick, and actually believe that they really are trying to buy while on air.

Respected Contributor

I don't believe this when Shawn or ANY host does this.

I am guessing the hosts go through every item that will be in their show.  Makes sense they need that kind of preparation.  They know everything that will be in the show.

So, if they really love something, they can order it (or ask someone else to) then.  I have heard it said that they are not supposed to order until after their show to let customers get a chance first.  I don't know the truth of that.

I think a host does this to add a sense of urgency to buy a particular item.  Or to increase interest in a certain item by saying "oh, I want this in the leopard print, order it for me."

No one should get upset that the host is taking attention from the show.  It's all a sales tactic only.

Hyacinrh