Valued Contributor
I don't think the critics are the same people wondering where she is.
Honored Contributor

It's like when you go to Walmart and it's quiet and your wondering

'where's everybody at"?   don't know, but, hope they stay there.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

What's with these people having to know where a host is if they aren't on air when  expected?

Creepy! Get a hobby!

@ellaphant  Because the host always posts their personal info on their FB, as did Shawn. Maybe they should cool it on FB if they don't want anyone to know their business. 

Omg...cannot imagine following a tv host on FB. 

Valued Contributor

totally agree with you.  She always needs attention.....she found and finally married a rich man to meet her needs so she can quit work and take care of her family.  

Esteemed Contributor

OMG.  One does not need to "follow" a QVC host to see and learn about what they are posting.

These posts and pictures are not private.

These are the QVC public pages, readily available to anyone (with internet access.)

No following.  No sign up.  No log in.

You can read all of Shawn's trials and lamentations with virtually no effort whatsoever. 

Perhaps QVC management should reconsider what they urge employees to disclose.

Honored Contributor

I have to say, I'm not that attached to any host that I'd check on what's happening in their lives.

They're on Q to sell, that's the extent of my interest.

Esteemed Contributor

The fact that QVC provides the vehicle indicates that they find it helpful and valuable. 

The large majority of QVC and HSN hosts use these tools to present products and program schedules,  along with the tiniest tidbit of personal information. 

Others use it to an extreme, to post and display intimate life details. 

Not sure which method Qurate management prefers.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I have to say, I'm not that attached to any host that I'd check on what's happening in their lives.

They're on Q to sell, that's the extent of my interest.

@Shanus  If you're interested in buying things from QVC, you can get information about the product, when it's being sold, etc.etc. That's what their FB is for. For QVC. If you're buying which it sounds like you do, you can get the info on what you're interested in before presentation. They also do give some personal information. I think posters post enough of what's happening in THEIR lives here which I'm sure your not interested in either. But you're here.

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much! I don't use Facebook so I didn't see that!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor
You said it beautifully! I had the same issue with my mom. She had cervical cancer. I’m an only child and we were extremely close. I was teaching beginning French to 8th graders at the time and I felt torn between my students and my mom. Normally there would be no contest. Mom would win hands down. However, my district had no su who could do anything but babysit. I ran myself ragged and worried I wasn’t giving either one enough time. Thank God my principal understood. She was an only child too, and had been through something similar. I wish Shawn and family well along with any child who has had to become caretaker for the parent. As hard as it was, I know what a blessing it was to have had that time with my mother.
Never underestimate the power of kindness.