Honored Contributor

Shawn with dark hair

[ Edited ]

I follow Calista on FB and this came across my feed.  Maria said they tested a temporary dark color on Shawn, inspired by her daughter:

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling  

Honored Contributor

I don't dislike the color, though it seems a tad harsh.  I do wish she'd get a style without the hair in her face.  But she must have her reasons for sticking with that style.

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn is so much more attractive without all the heavy harsh make-up, and looks younger too! Just my opinion but to me the color looks too dark & flat, it needs some blonde or auburn highlights to soften it.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Shawn looks great with dark hair ,  in fact she looks younger .  I notice she isn't all made up ,  I like her natural look,with just a colored lip.

Honored Contributor

I think that just one shade lighter than what she's wearing would help..... but even if she keeps this color, it looks REALLY nice on her!  I like it far beyond the two tone, or the blonde.... and her complexion looks great....

No kidding, she really looks good with a darker color!  Woman LOL

AND she looks so very happy.  I'm very happy for her.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I like Shawn better as a blond.

Honored Contributor

It looks to be about the same color as her roots, and that's not a dig I used to be bleached blonde myself. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I'm with those who suggest just a shade or two lighter. I think the pic color is too dark/harsh and a bit dull with no highlights. But I do like that it's not two-tone. IMO, to the extent she's been doing that it's old and tired. 

I'd love to see a shade or two lighter, mixed in with a few blonder streaks from root to ends, not dark roots, pale ends. 

But altogether, it's nice to see such a different look on her.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

I wondered if Shawn would let her dark hair grow out, since her daughter has dark hair.  I think Shawn looks great with her dark hair. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like the darker hair on her, but I think it needs to be about one shade lighter and then add some highlights.  I always thought that cut was a little outdated, but then I am a little outdated, so what do I know.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!