Contributor

Re: Shawn tonight with Dennis Basso

Typical unprofessional behavior by Shawn.  Why is she still hosting?  I think QVC would lose more viewers if it wasn't so outrageous. 

Honored Contributor

I love reading these threads because it reminds me why I no longer watch QVC and just check the website!!

Contributor

The unfortunate thing about this is that QVC isn't listening to their viewers, and consequently, could be losing sales.  I will never purchase anything Shawn is presenting.  I switch to JTV, HSN or Shop HQ when Shawn is presenting.  I love QVC but will not spend any $$$ on anything Shawn is presenting, even if I like the product.  I just go directly to the product website, or wherever the product may also be available (Sephora, Zappos, Ulta, Nordstrom, HSN, Amazon, etc.) and purchase it there.  It's too bad because I really do love QVC.

Contributor

Rude and unprofessional does not equal "cool & edgy".  

Contributor

No one expects perfect.  But when it is your job and you are getting paid to represent QVC and the products being sold, I think you should do your job to the best of your ability.  This is a shopping program, not a soap opera, and not a reality show.  That is not why I watch the Q.  As a long time QVC customer, I watch expecting a description of the products I am considering. I love hearing about the relevant information, e.g., how I can use the product, the benefits, how it is made, sizing, details, etc.  I especially love hosts who are respectful towards the product representatives and one another. The hosts I appreciate and respect the most are Mary Beth Roe, David Venable, Carolyn Gracie, Elise Ivy, Rachel Boesing, Pat Demetri, Jayne Brown, Sandra Bennett, Mary DeAngelis, Kerstin Lindquist, Dan Hughes, Rick Domeier, Terry Cohn, Julia Cearley, Amy Stran, Ali Carr, and Alberti Popaj.  These hosts are the most professional, truly connecting with the viewers, and the product representatives.  Watching them is a pleasure.  They make us feel welcome and part of the show.  

Trusted Contributor

WOW!

You’ve created a number of posts to bash Shawn!

I do, and have always enjoyed Shawn.

I started occasionally watching QVC, in the earliest days, as a teen, to spend more time, with my Mom.

Do, who should QVC listen to? We’re all individuals. We sell have different tastes, eh?

Why should QVC not keep Shawn because, you or some people don’t like her, when, there are many who do?
Isn’t it easier, for you to choose not to watch?

I don’t choose to watch because Shawn, or any host are on. I watch for the product. If I want to watch enough, who the host is, won’t keep me from watching or buying!
That would includes, a few hosts, that aren’t my favorites.

I think QVC, can choose their employees, and we can choose, as is, certainly our right, who we watch!
Trusted Contributor

That's probably why they teamed Courtney and Jane to host the 'Fri-Yay' shows.  Courtney seems a little intimidated by Jane (to keep her on check) and both seem to have fake laughs or enthusiam with each other.   I've seen Jane giving Courtney the evil eye when it's Courtney's turn promoting an item(s) on the same show.  When hosting her own show, Courtney seems mature and knowledgeable.

Respected Contributor

I'm not one to bash hosts but I avoid Shawn at all costs because she can get snappy with vendors. She hosted a Susan Graver show and was very rude to her, talking over her and we know Susan loves to talk, but she also knows her own products as well, so better her to describe the clothes. I got the feeling Shawn felt she was above Susan's line, I could be wrong.