Trusted Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

She claims she's wearing the Susan Graver cropped jeans in size 2.  I wish she, as well as another sales clerk, would stop lying about their size.  Anybody can easily tell she is much larger than a size 2.  I've heard Isaac tell her to go up a size or two as wearing his garments too tightly did not present them in the best light.  Also, enough with the improper use of 'literally.'  Every other word out of many of the sales clerks' mouths is 'literally.'  I'm an English teacher and my students know not to use it other than for emphasis.

There is NO way that Shawn wears a size 2 in any pants, jeans, etc. She does lie about her size. Besides the word "literally" that is said comstantly, many of the hosts (especially Shawn and Courtney) say the word "um" and "like" (especially Jane) constantly. 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Enufstuff   So have I.  In my neck of the woods, young women tie their tee shirts in the back more so in the front.  Tying one's shirt has never gone out of style here.

proxy-image.jpg

In certain circles, men do the same but more so in the front. whistling.gif

How does one do that?  I've never been able to successfully tie a T-shirt in the front, much less in the back.

As far as size goes as this seems to be the direction the thread is going, I can't make any judgement as to the size of anybody I see on TV.  I was just surprised to see how small Michael J Fox is next to Kelly Ripa.  What I can see is if someone is wearing the WRONG size, and it does nothing to convince me to buy said product.  Personally, I think it does a disservice to the customer to size clothing so differently than B&M sizing.  Even with B&M, I take two or three sizes in the dressing room to try on.  QVC's sizing just makes that even harder for me to decide what size might be correct.  

Super Contributor

Why is it that not one day goes by that we seem to be talking about hosts in a negative manner. Every hosts been critized almost everyday and I know it because I read them and some I just scroll by. I am so happy that most of you are so perfect. There are times when I see some of the comments when others answer they feel like that person is rude but you call people liars and you are ugly sitting behind a computer, I wonder if you would do that to them in person. 

Trusted Contributor

@ladyann45 wrote:

Why is it that not one day goes by that we seem to be talking about hosts in a negative manner. Every hosts been critized almost everyday and I know it because I read them and some I just scroll by. I am so happy that most of you are so perfect. There are times when I see some of the comments when others answer they feel like that person is rude but you call people liars and you are ugly sitting behind a computer, I wonder if you would do that to them in person. 

stop! these hosts are in the public eye, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. besides, we're not commenting on things that can't be changed. lying on air, deceiving people that you claim are your friends, should be critiicized. (I use the word friends because all thes hosts claim to be our friends) 

Respected Contributor

So many posters as of late want to assume the role of professional forum moderator.

Perhaps several should apply for the position,  if Qurate is currently hiring after the layoffs.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think tying the front makes the garment or host look any better and maybe worse. 

I think the reason for hosts wearing too tight clothing is b/c of the extremely stretchable fabrics. Now that it can be stretched, hosts can wear much smaller size. 

It's the same way with JT. She can wear a S Regular even though she's under 5', b/c fabric is stretchable thru the hips and that pulls the pant up, making her a Regular.

You could have a 40" hip and fit in a 2!

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac   I also live in the Northeast, north of Boston.

Perhaps some style trends are regional.

Respected Contributor
When I read the title if the thread, I thought it sounded like a new show. Shawn Ties Everything. Lol.
Respected Contributor

Shawn has also said she weighs 140 pounds. I weigh 20 pounds less with no hips and a small waist and wear a medium in qvc sizing. I guess I could squeeze into a xx small/small if I tried hard enough. 

With all the stretch they put in these clothes you can squeeze into pretty much anything! I prefer no more than 2% spandex.

Regular Contributor

@darkhomespun That's all that matters is it makes you happy😊