Trusted Contributor

Re: Shawn's hair is so attractive, 05/20/2019!!

@Spurt wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

Some of these posts make me so sad. The world is already so full of negativity, do we really need to add more? I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when it becomes so harsh, then it’s just cruel and should be kept to yourself. There is such a thing as commenting that you may not care for someone’s style, but phrasing it with the words like “ugly” is just wrong.

I hope Shawn doesn’t read these remarks. I can only imagine how hurtful they would be to her. I love her quirky style and how unapologetic she is about it. But remember, she is someone’s mother, sister, wife, friend, daughter. Think how your loved ones would feel if they saw hurtful things posted about you.

The world is full of kind people....if you can’t find one....then be one.

@grandma petes 

But Shawn seems to bring the drama on herself....she's the only host that puts herself "out there" with the comments she makes which always lead to discussion and drama...She needs to do some thinking before she speaks....

And yes, some comments about Shawn go over the top, and calling her ugly is totally inappropriate and the Mods take care of those type of remarks...that's their tasks and part of  their job...

These Forums are for customers not hosts....Only a limited number of designated QVC Employees and designated Vendor employees who receive prior authorization and training from QVC may participate in QVC’s Community Forums, Community Blogs, and the Question & Answer feature.

I’m sorry, but comments that are made on this forum are not something the hosts “bring on themselves”. Being a QVC host does not mean that posters can make hurtful remarks...no matter what anyone might think. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when it stoops to the level of using the word “ugly”, then that crosses the line. There is so much judgement in this world....especially on women from other women...can’t we just build each other up instead of tearing each other down???? I truly feel sorry for the hosts....they have a job to do, but they are human....just like all of here on the forums...nobody is perfect, but everyone has a heart and feelings...Shawn doesn’t deserve to be torn apart...nor does any host. Just because they are a public figure, that doesn’t mean they are fair game for the unkind remarks posted here. Opinions are one thing....being downright cruel is totally wrong!!!

Honored Contributor

Most Europeans only shower once a week.  That’s why they have bidets.

I remember some of the places we lived in as children after the war that didn’t even have a tub/shower and my mother bathed us in the kitchen sink.

Many third world countries don’t have bathing facilities at all.  And how many showers do think are happening at the Mexican border right now?

And you’re worried about two days?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It totally looked like a hairpiece. I think Toni is the only person who looks good in these wigs mostly because her own hair is the perfect match to one of the blonde shades. That’s selling.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I remember some of the places we lived in as children after the war that didn’t even have a tub/shower and my mother bathed us in the kitchen sink.

Many third world countries don’t have bathing facilities at all.  And how many showers do think are happening at the Mexican border right now?

@LilacTree 

I just can't let this post go by without responding. Number 1 we are not in Europe, and I do not think that we should give such a broad generalization to their hygiene methods. Number 2, what you experienced as a child was done out of necessity. Not having access to the facilities your mother did the best that she could. Lastly, we are not in a third world country or Mexico. 

I hate when SK talks about not bathing/showering and KL is another one who has no problem discussing how she does not have time to shower on a regular consistent basis. 

I am sorry I just think that it's gross. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@LilacTree 

I just can't let this post go by without responding. Number 1 we are not in Europe, and I do not think that we should give such a broad generalization to their hygiene methods. Number 2, what you experienced as a child was done out of necessity. Not having access to the facilities your mother did the best that she could. Lastly, we are not in a third world country or Mexico. 

I hate when SK talks about not bathing/showering and KL is another one who has no problem discussing how she does not have time to shower on a regular consistent basis. 

I am sorry I just think that it's gross. 

@icezeus   Perhaps the hosts not showering daily is why they are discontinuing the studio tours.   hahahahaha!

Contributor

Super Contributor

My hair is dry and naturally wavy...only need to wash it once a week.  Shawn' s  hair looks so full and healthy.  Hard to believe she had alopecia twice.  I love it when she wears it pulled away from her face...not everyone can pull off that look!

Regular Contributor

Shawn is the best !  Not your average woman at all.  No matter what hairdo. she will be an individual.